Author Topic: Monday, January 18, 2015  (Read 999 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, January 18, 2015
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:46:27 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, January 18, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:57:12 AM »
-13 Brrr It is suppose to warm up this week. Cant wait. I don't like cold weather. Today is school, chores and Levi has a game. Allison and Lane have practice and the little kids have a free throw contest. Ashleys play went great yesterday. Wednesday they go to see if they make it to state. They did a good job. Hope they make it. Then they will do another spring play. I made a breakfast casserole yesterday and am baking a butter braid for breakfast. lunch will be left overs and supper in crockpot. I have to do bookwork and the usual housework after chores. With any luck I should be back in around 10. Better hit post. Time to get kids up and get this day started.Ha

coffee time
Janice
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:34:42 AM by wrancher »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 07:42:52 AM »
Good morning!

No school here due to the federal holiday.  Earl is off too, of course.  We all slept in a bit.  I haven't felt great this weekend (girl stuff, nothing catchy) and of course Earl and Maddy were a little short on sleep having been on the youth group retreat.

I had hoped to hike, but am still headachey today and they are doing a challenging hike, plus it's quite cold (though that would not stop me if at 100%).  Also, Earl has plans to go through the garage today and wants my input on some items. (Max just read this over my shoulder---where did my little boy go?)

Boys are having yogurt and I need to find some breakfast, soon.  And figure out dinner.  I am slacking in that area.   :o

Clogging class tonight, so I hope to get Mallory to help us through the whole dance sequence.  We have it for one full song and are starting another, so I need to get this learned.

Also working on planning how we intend to spend the tax refund.  There are more hopes/dreams/goals for that than there is actual money, LOL.  We have tried upping our dependents so as to get more money on checks and less tax refund, but apparently it's hard/impossible to do at federal jobs (I think we're claiming 10 which is the max on the paperwork).  And it is nice to get a lump sum yearly, even though it's diminishing.

Well, better get a move on....have a wonderful day!

Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 08:23:57 AM »
Good morning!

It's raining outside.  I'm grateful for the moisture but I'd really rather see snow at this time of year.  :P

No school today because of MLK day.  I had plans to go see my parents (they live about 2 hours north of us) but yesterday when getting ready to go to church, the van wouldn't start.  Fortunately we live only a mile and a half from church so Steven shuttled everyone to church in the smaller car.  We did make it on time.  Whew.  Then everyone got shuttled home.  So no trip to see parents today.  We'll focus on getting the van fixed.  I hope it's a simple and cheap problem--the van is 15 years old and we are saving up for a new one.  We're hoping the van will last til the end of 2017 when our other car is paid off so we're not paying 2 car payments.  Plus we'll have a bigger down payment.

So, since I will be at home, I will do laundry, pick up the house, clean the floors, continue working on the office, and do a bunch of other little things that have been on my to-do list for awhile.  I got my sewing corner cleaned up and organized.  I pulled out the sewing projects that were started and will choose one to work on to finish.  I'm pretty sure I've got one that is nearly finished so should be able to get it done quickly. 

Dinner tonight is fish tacos, southwestern salad and fruit.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:38:20 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like everyone has a full day ahead of them.  I am still getting over a nasty cold, so I am slowly coming back to life.  I feel like the worst of it is behind me, and now I am on the mend.  Yesterday I finally felt like I could be somewhat productive.  I got all the laundry done save one load in the dryer needing to be folded.  There was quite a bit to do since I had been letting it pile up while I was sick.

So, today, I will get that last load folded and put away, as well as the few items on drying racks.  I need to vacuum the living room.  I also want to go through and lysol the door knobs and the like.  Want to make sure the bug is gone. 

We are planning a trip to Florida in March. College son's baseball team will be there for spring training, so we will go for that.  I have rented a vacation home with private pool, so I will enjoy that.  We did this last spring as well, and it was so relaxing!  I need to work on other plans for the trip. We will drive, so I need to plan the route, where we will stop along the way, and such.  I also like to plan a menu and take as much with us as possible to save money.  I don't like to eat out every meal for 10-12 days. My system just doesn't handle it well. (neither does my waisteline!!)  I also need to work on a budget so we can be prepared.

I guess that is all I have on my plate for the day.  I am easing into real life! 
Hope everyone has a great day! Keep warm if you are in the frigid zone!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »
Good almost Afternoon... Gary and i slept in this morning, stayed up till about two watching a silly vampire show...  the sun is shining but only 5 out at the moment. Going to attempt   to make bread again, someday this will work for me...i am a lousy baker, prefer to be outside in the garden or hanging out with the animals... Garden is out of the question... but will be starting cabbage today... Thank you Catherine.
 Hope you all have a great day

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 10:52:33 AM »
Hello! It's very cold, but the sun is shining so it seems deceptively warmer. I took the little ones to school, then stopped at Aldi for a couple of things. Then I got busy in the kitchen, putting sloppy joe meat in one slow cooker, and meatballs in cream of mushroom soup in the other. In a bit, I'll make some jello and boil eggs for tuna salad sandwiches. Not too much else on the agenda -- laundry, tidying, tweaking my 2016 budget, and sorting through magazines to give away.

Linda, yesterday I was thinking quite a bit about my garden. Sure makes me look forward to Spring!  :)

Stay warm and have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   It has been bitterly cold here and with the snow on the ground it feels even colder. We have another snow storm coming in tomorrow afternoon. So I plan to go up to my brother, Ron's house early tomorrow. I have a meeting at 1:30 at work. Then I work 6 out of 7 days starting on Thurs. So it is best if I am close to work. I will probably be there for a week. They are predicting another snow storm on Thursday. I think we are getting all our winter in one week. LOL  ???
    I have been getting some fat quarters ready to take. I thought maybe I could work on some hexies. I sew them by hand. It will give me something to do other than tv. LOL I am slowly thinking about working with fabric again.
   Well, I need to get off here and fix supper. We are having a beef stir fry.
   Ron doesn't have the net, so I won't be able to post. I will miss you guys. Stay safe and warm.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie