Author Topic: Monday, June 2, 2014  (Read 1154 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, June 2, 2014
« on: June 02, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, June 2, 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »
Its a beautiful day out there. I was out planting some of the plants I picked up and was pulling weeds. I came in to switch loads of clothes around and sneak a cup of coffee in. I am going back out to get the landscape fabric and take care of some areas I have been neglecting. I have a section of torn up fabric by my mailbox and it makes it impossible to mow around. Then I have an area where I am putting rock down and another spot some shrubs I planted last year. Then in the front more fabric for the new plants I got then I think I will fabric the garden that I dont have planted but I have tilled. We have been getting lots of rain now like 1 1/2 inches yesterday! Today it is sunny tomorrow 90% chance and all week like that. So outside I will be today. I have only 4 plants planted so I need to get going. Of course I am trying to do regular house stuff in between and then Ross and I were attempting bookwork. I kinda held him off suggesting tomorrow will be rainy lets do it then. Ashley goes to camp tomorrow and I dont really know particulars so need to call her FFA advisor. It is for society of range management and learning plants.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:58:53 AM »
Morning!

It's a beautiful day here, as well.  We had a wonderful time last week with our Scottish friends staying with us.  We visited Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Caverns, and ate at several local restaurants.  They had a great time exploring our little town!  They left Friday morning for four days in DC, and Saturday afternoon Jean and I also head into DC.  Jean had a gig downtown Saturday night, so we rented a hotel room, our friends hired a sitter, and we enjoyed a nice dinner out and Jean's show, then met up again yesterday morning for breakfast.  It was wonderful to see them, but it is also SO NICE to get back to normal around here!

Today was an early day, so after Jean left I dozed on the couch and watched the news for a little while, then fed Grimm and myself, cleaned the floors, put dishes away, ironed and folded laundry.  I still need to run another load of laundry and water the garden, and I have a few work things I could take care of.  Dinner tonight is something with ground turkey, so I need to figure out what (as well as the rest of the week's meals. 

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »
Good morning,

It is a beautiful day here as well! We got an inch of rain last night. We so appreciate every drop we get. I am glad Kevin got the yard mowed. Kind of wish I had worked in the garden yesterday instead of taking the day off, but Kevin wanted me to relax, so I did.  ;D
   I have the duck shed ready for my ducklings. I finished it up this morning. They were supposed to ship out at 5 a.m. and since we are in the same state, I hope we get them tomorrow morning. I need to call the post office in a bit and tell them to call me as soon as they come in. I also have the other side of the shed ready to move the chicks as soon as they are 3 weeks old. I have more eggs in the incubator, so I plan to move all the chicks I hatched over to the next shed. I am making another wall of wire in my henhouse. I will put my future layers over there, so they can get used to the big hens. I think I will hold off for a bit with hatching any more eggs, because I am running out of places to put them. LOL
   Still no babies from Copper, but she is still acting strange, so I have not given up on her yet. I saw a couple of Penny's babies yesterday. They are black.  ;D
   Since I have the outside work done for the day, I will work on Hayley's quilt. Also have some housework to get done, always do on Monday.  ::)
   You all have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie