Author Topic: MONDAY, September 15, 2014  (Read 1128 times)

Offline wrancher

MONDAY, September 15, 2014
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:45:51 AM »
Good Morning
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:34:19 AM by wrancher »

Offline wrancher

Re: Sunday, September 15, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 05:51:37 AM »
Nice weekend. I got a few things checked off my list, finally. Today is a meeting at 8 but they come to our place. Then off to hay ,then to Lanes football game 1 1/2hrs away. The kids will all come home with Ashley to get schoolwork done. Levi was off sick all week and he is still working on it. I have been canning lately. 5 qts of chicken thighs, 12 qts of tomatoes with carrots, onions and celery. I also tried something new. 4 qts of coleslaw. It is suppose to stay crisp and you just drain juice and add mayo. It looks good but the real test will be when we open jar and see if it worked or total fail. Need to do last bit of cleanup and start laundry and dishes.

Have a great day

Janice
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:38:41 AM by wrancher »

Offline Cheryl

Re: Sunday, September 15, 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 06:28:30 AM »
Good morning!

Tell me it isn't still Sunday! ;) 

I have to run to town today to return some library books, then back here to our usual.  Nothing exciting, but that's okay.  I was going to tackle the mess in my laundry room over the weekend, but I got sidetracked on another project and didn't get it done.  I plan on starting that today for sure. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: MONDAY, September 15, 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:36:08 AM »
Can you tell I have a lot on my mind of what to do! UGH Sorry you can tell it is MONDAY here!! Allison stayed home sick with bad sore throat. Guy that is to be here by 8 is running late be at least 8:30. ugh

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »
Morning!

Back home from yoga and the gym, now having some oatmeal.  Today holds laundry (one regular load plus sheets) and NSA work - big shocker, I know ;D! We're in our last full week before vacation, so I need to start pulling details together for that.  Our dog sitter changed jobs and can't watch Grimm for us now, so we need to figure that out.  We also need to figure out airport transportation and if we just want to park our car.  Other than that, it's a beautiful day here so I just hope to spend some time outside with the pup!

Tonight is ballet, so I think I might make a lasagna in the Crock*Pot so Jean can eat when he gets home.

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:36 AM »
Good morning!

Earl is home sick, though on the mend, and I'm back from getting kids to school and sat down to (finally!) have my first cup of coffee.  Well, I usually only have one, but normally earlier than this, lol.  Getting ready to pay bills-yippee skippee-and do some odds and ends of things around here.
On the agenda for today:

Making firestarters-I always think of Cathy when I see all my dryer lint-we are going camping in about a month and I thought I would use up some beeswax and all that dryer lint and see if I can simplify starting our campfires.  :)

Go through my boys' clothes-a much dreaded but much needed job.  They have both shot up so much this summer.  I keep passing on Max's stuff though it makes me a bit sad.  Don't need the clutter, though, of things we are not using and have learned it's better to pass it on and let someone else benefit than to keep it around here.

Make a batch (or two) of apple butter and can it.

Nail down a pet sitter for this weekend.  Had someone in mind but haven't gotten a firm answer.  We are headed to family camp from Friday night till Sunday afternoon.

My sheets are in to wash as Earl's fever broke last night and he sweated a lot.  Probably need to do one other load of wash.

Dinner tonight is roast chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade artisan bread, and asparagus.

Janice, hope Levi gets to feeling better.  Great job on all the canning!

Cheryl, have a good day at home...you will feel so good about getting that laundry room done!

Mandy, good for you, getting your workout in.  I wish I loved the Monday class but don't, so will do something at home today.  Hope you get a pet sitter lined up as well.

Catherine

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
Mandy wish I lived closer, I'd watch Grimm in a heartbeat  ;D

Laurie
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
Mandy wish I lived closer, I'd watch Grimm in a heartbeat  ;D

Laurie

Oh, we would LOVE that!  We always prefer to have someone we love and trust come here, and you would definitely fit that bill!  We have a highly-recommended kennel run by a vet tech that we can take him to where he would have his own 8'x10' 'suite' with his own window, cot, and TV, but we always prefer to have someone come to the house so that 1- he doesn't have to be uprooted, and 2- we have someone watching over the house, getting the mail, etc.  I think we've got someone who can come (our friend and church choir director who did it when we were at the conference in July), and if he can't, Jean's brother is an option.  I'm just ready to have all of these decisions made and taken care of so we can concentrate on RELAXING 8)!!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥