Author Topic: Thrusday, September 25, 2014  (Read 1229 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, September 25, 2014
« on: September 25, 2014, 07:05:39 AM »
Good Morning

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thrusday, September 25, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »
Good morning, Janice and all to follow!

Just quickly hopping on before heading out.  Max and I will hike this morning after we drop the other kids at school.  Beautiful morning for it.  :)  The chiro has really helped my foot/back so I am glad to be back out and about.

Dinner tonight is pork chops and probably fried potatoes, along with a veggie.  Maybe an apple pie if I'm energetic this afternoon...need to can the apple butter I have going in the crockpot, as well.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:15:47 AM »
We have homecoming this week so sometimes the kids dress up for certain days. Today was dress to impress. First Ashley came up with prom dress as that is what all the girls are wearing. Then she came up in skirt looked much better. (plus she will need to walk about 2 blocks to the school to leave her car off to get oil changed) Ironing shirts for school for the boys isnt something we always do but occasionally. So they are off to school. Ross and I will head out to get a load of hay or 2 before they come to pack silage again. We had to make pit bigger yesterday. I did get the dill relish canned along with snacks and lunch and supper for packers of the silage. I did get to go rake yesterday afternoon before going into town for kids. Today Ashley will bring home Levi, Lane has football and Allison has basketball and cross country practice till 6:45. So more snacks and drinks in morning to workers about every 2 hrs I take them something just to give them a break. I think I will put boneless pork ribs already cut in strips in crockpot with BBQ sauce for supper and deviled eggs. The rest I need to figure out. Hashbrown casserole sounds good and I already have salad from last night. Dessert of some sort.

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 07:17:56 AM »
Good morning!

I am running so far behind today.

The kitten we're bottle-feeding has me off-track.  I had hoped my bottle days were far behind, but it wasn't meant to be.  Lily, the cat in my picture, was also bottle-fed, along with her brother.   They were orphaned at 9 days old.  I'll be glad when the one we're feeding now is able to eat kitten food and I don't have to get up through the night with it.

I think I'll go now and have my coffee.  After that, it's school with Emily, kitten duty, regular household chores and cooking, laundry, etc.    Maybe I'll have another cup of coffee.... :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »
Catherine enjoy the hike sounds fun in this beautiful weather! How do you do the apple butter in crockpot? Do you peel everything and put all ingredients in right away? Sounds yummy and hopefully less time consuming at least not standing by stove and hopping it doesnt burn.

Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »
Bless your heart Cheryl!  Just like having a newborn!!

Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »
I have pork chops out also if they thaw out in time. Kids are at school and hubby is sleeping so as soon as the washer is done I an going to clean the shed and sort thru clothes that I need to take to resale shop.Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
Catherine enjoy the hike sounds fun in this beautiful weather! How do you do the apple butter in crockpot? Do you peel everything and put all ingredients in right away? Sounds yummy and hopefully less time consuming at least not standing by stove and hopping it doesnt burn.

Janice

Yes, that's exactly what I do!  I put it on high for an hour or so, then turned it down to low until bedtime last night.  Then I turned it to warm as the apples looked soft enough.  I am getting ready to puree it and can it here shortly.