Author Topic: Wednesday March 9  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday March 9
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:12:48 AM »
It is Wednesday, right? ;)

All of my days seem to run together lately.  I'm sitting here with a sick cat wishing I could go somewhere, anywhere but here.  I'm battling what is probably a sinus infection, so I don't feel so great myself.  I've been meaning to post but by the time I get a moment half the day is already gone.

I guess I'll be here watching my cat and make the decision to take her to the vet if she gets worse.  Our regular vet is closed today and her symptoms are so vague I don't know what to do.

Other plans today include school with Emily and that's about all I'm committing to.  Hope you all have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday March 9
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »
It's looking and feeling a bit more like spring in my neck of the woods although today is a lightly rainy day.

We were gifted with a big pot of baked beans yesterday. Anyone have ideas on ways to use them all up? I know I can freeze them but if there are ways of transforming them into another dish, I would love to hear that. It's those little things that I have come to appreciate so much.  Maybe I should make smothered hamburg patties to go with them tonight--that sounds good.

Not much going on this week except two college kids coming home on Friday for spring break. That will change things up a bit. One is going to Florida to visit friends who are like grandparents to our kids (she saved up and paid for this herself!), the other is staying home and the one living at home still has to work all week since her spring break will be in April. We are trying to keep a very low profile doing very little and trying to stay healthy in anticipation of hubby's hip surgery on March 29. We're trying to save money so when he is off for 3 months, we have some money to keep us going and food in the freezer.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
Alice - I make soup with leftover baked beans.  I sauté an onion, some chopped celery and carrots and a little bit of garlic.  When they have softened, I add a can of diced tomatoes, the leftover beans and a bit of water or vegetable broth.  You can add leftover ham or pork if you have any and eat meat.

Denise

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »
That sounds good, almost like a sweet(ish) soup, right? We'll see how fast the beans go and whether or not to freeze a portion and then maybe some soup. Although it is lovely weather right now so soup isn't really necessary.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
Alice, we eat baked beans on buttered toast. I bake them also with cornbread mix on top and sometimes put a hotdog or two sliced up in the beans. And yes I'm weird but I like baked beans on my Bologna sandwiches.....
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 04:44:14 AM »
Alice - it is a bit on the sweet side.  My kids put shredded cheese and sour cream on top like you do with chili.  You could add some chili powder or hot sauce if you wanted it a bit less sweet.

Denise