Author Topic: Monday, March 14, 2016  (Read 1125 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, March 14, 2016
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:43 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, March 14, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:25 AM »
I haven't posted in a while! Looked at the topics list and I see the last time I posted on the daily was 3 weeks ago! 

I've spent time this morning looking on Pinterest for home preschool ideas.  Lots and lots of cute ideas there.

Today I've got the twins and football carpool.  Today's laundry day, and I will be spending some time getting a homeschool center set up in the family room.  I'm going to try to use stuff I have around the house and buy as little as possible.  Should be fun. :)

Weather says there's a chance of rain all day today so I don't know if I'll get outside to do anything but if I do, I'll rake up the front yard.  We have a willow tree that "sheds" all the time--there's branches all over the front yard so I'd like to get that cleaned up.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »
Good morning.

Hubby' s home, and of course that's making it harder for Emily to concentrate on her school work, but she's working on a story for English.  Hopefully she will stay on task and we can wrap this up a little early today.

I'm spending a little time in my kitchen baking bread and prepping a few things such as tuna salad, boiled eggs, etc.

It's supposed to be very warm today but we have a good chance of rain.  I want to get outside and work in the yard and garden, so I hope the rain holds off a while.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:33:42 AM »
Good morning!

Feels like I haven't checked in here in ages.  Mornings just feel so busy these days between kitten feedings and the three school runs.  This week is spring break AND my girls are gone on a Washington D.C. adventure with my parents, so today is more laid back.  As of last Monday, we now have 6 kittens here being bottle fed, and a pregnant foster cat who may give birth at any time, as well as our own crazy menagerie.  Never a dull moment, anyway.

Between the time change, getting back late last night from Dallas (drove the girls down to fly out with my parents, about a 6 hour round trip), feeding kittens at 11 and again at 4 AM (and that's an improvement!), I am giving myself permission to have a slow day.  I've been out with the boys to buy a different kitten formula, get milk, get a "real" coffee (gift card from my secret sis at church yesterday) and now intend only to feed kittens, make dinner, straighten up kitchen, and start some seeds and do other garden work.  I have my clogging class at 5 PM.  Earl has had to drop out for now due to his foot being in a boot for several weeks.  Still no definitive answer on what is wrong but it is feeling better in the boot he was prescribed.

Dinner tonight is chicken potpie.

Cheryl and Merilee, hope you both get that chance to get out in the yard and garden!

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 02:57:21 PM »
Good afternoon

I have been wondering where everyone was. We are just calving and everything is going good so far. Almost too good. Makes you wonder what is up or to come. Levi is done wrestling.  Lane wore his holter monitor only 24 hrs. Doesn't seem long enough. Had his blood test. Now we just wait for all the results to come in before he sees another dr the 22nd.  Ashley had a prom fashion show at senior center and nursing home Sunday after she went to church then she went to a practice livestock judging.  Megan went back to college today after her week long spring break here. We put her to work but each of the kids own cows too as that will help them with college. I am playing catch up around here.  I finally found a good pizza dough that I made 2 pizzas with yesterday and 3 calzones today and still have dough left. I think I will make a breakfast calzone.  I might make up some more dough and keep experimenting as you can make cinnamon dessert pizza with the dough.  I was getting discouraged as I had threw out 2 previous experiences in making dough.  I am ready to try an artisian bread I saw next off of youtube.  Well better reload dishwasher and go do the chickens. I need to find a different automatic waterer pan as mine has a leak in it. I need to put more straw in there nests also. It is super windy here today. It just makes it miserable. My next project I want to start is cleaning everything above my kitchen cabinets. Everything is greasy and dusty (if you can call it dust I call it dirt.) I put up newspapers so it doesn't take so long to wipe down. Throw away the old and put up the new. I am thinking we should host Easter so will call around on that tonight. I am making meatloaf for supper.

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 05:51:22 PM »
Good evening,
    I have had a busy couple of weeks, but thankfully the young one who always tried to get me to work for her, called in, or just didn't show up, quit. I, along with everyone else, have picked up her hours, but at least next month's schedule should work more smoothly.  ;)
    Kevin took me to my eye appointment today in case I had to have my eyes dilated. I didn't need to and I am glad of that. The doctor said my eyes look very healthy. My new glasses should be ready on the 19th. I am glad to have that done.
    I have a meeting tomorrow at 1:30, then will stay to work the evening shift. I have this coming weekend off, but we will probably help some friends move. They live about 8 miles away, and are moving about 3 miles away. LOL I am sure I will sleep good Saturday night. LOL
   I really need to get back to work on the baby afghan for my niece, due in May. I am not in the mood for hand work again, but I need to get over it and get it done.  8)
   I hope you all have a good evening.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie