Author Topic: Thursday, August 4, 2016  (Read 712 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, August 4, 2016
« on: August 04, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, August 4, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:31 AM »
Getting a late start to the day.  Jordan didn't have football workouts this morning (not sure why exactly) so I slept in till 8!  I went to bed rather later than I should have so it was nice to sleep in.

Today's mostly getting things done that haven't gotten done this week.  So, putting away laundry, picking up the house, doing some grocery shopping, putting away patriotic decor, rearranging a few things.  I'd like to take the boys swimming this afternoon.  Tonight Steven and I are going to a viewing for the father of a friend who passed away.  He was old and in bad health so it's a blessing.

We seem to be over the hottest days of summer.  Temperatures will still be  hot but trending downward.  Yay!

Have a good day.

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
Mandy glad your surgery went so well

Good Morning

We were up bright an early this morning to get everything ready for working calves.  Ross cooked a brisket so that is in crockpot but I am making homemade buns with meat in cheese baked inside.  I made cornflake bars and puppy chow. I also have a potato salad and chips.  I bought a bunch of pop and waters yesterday.  Tomorrow I take the 3 oldest to the city for appointments. I have a ton of running to do in city along with get their school things.  We need to take Megans laptop up to be repaired also.  And I have returns ugh. I bought a shark vaccum at sams club and I hate it.  I need to see if I can find receipt.  and clean it up.  I need to finish my sams club order online so I can pick it up tomorrow. Not gonna have a lot of extra shopping time. I go back up Tuesday to city so I can pick up the stuff I forget and take other kids to appointments.  I am anxiously awaiting my lawn mower part. Looking pretty shaggy around here. Thankful for the rains though!!

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:05:21 PM »
Nice to see you back Mandy!

It is hot, hot, hot here and the roads are buckling! We don't have a lot of that going on but it did a number on a major highway out here. Hubby is asking if I know the best way for him to get home. I grew up here but me lived away from here for 22 years and only came back 3 years ago. I see a lot of development in 22 years so I really can't help him with the best route home!

I took the rest of the week off from work--Wed. afternoon until I go back again on Monday morning! I got a lot of little things done around the house. I got all my plans ready for food for Saturday's open house and food is purchased.

We had been eating stuff from my kitchen freezer that I have been finding so last night was chicken apple sausages with corn on the cob (fresh corn!) and tonight was meatloaf (half and half beef and italian sausage) with salad and corn. They were lighter meals but since it is so hot here it was perfect.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats