Author Topic: Friday, December 16, 2016  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, December 16, 2016
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:43:21 AM »
Good morning!

I'm up having a BIG cup of coffee! ;D. I've unloaded the dishwasher, made coffee, and fed the indoor cats.  Today I want to concentrate on my kitchen - cleaning out and rearranging things in my little pantry.  It's a bit of a mess in there right now.  After that, it's more housework.  I fully intend on getting this under control today.  Emily has a short school day, so I think I just might pull this off.  Wish me luck!

We did manage to get the tree put up yesterday, and I wrapped about a half-dozen gifts.  I'm feeling accomplished! 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, December 16, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 06:47:21 AM »
Way to go Cheryl! You have a good start! Thanks for starting the thread.

So far today, I am up. Yup, that's about it right now. I am up! LOL!!  I do have some things planned for the day though.

I am having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a long time, so it will be nice to catch up with her.

After lunch, while I am on that side of town, I will stop at trader joe's for a couple of things I need.  Also want to stop at Big Lots to see if I can fine a $5 men's gift to go with a gift card for a gift exchange.  I picked up the 4 others for our family to give yesterday, but still need one for a man. We do a gift exchange with hubby's family. Men exchange and Women exchange. It would be so much easier if I could buy women's gifts! Buying generic men's gifts is a challenge!

I have a couple of gifts to pull together that I am making. Jar gifts, and candles that I am making for the boys' girlfriends. I am part done with all of them, but need to finish them off. That will be priority today, especially since I need to get oldest son's gf's gift in the mail pretty soon. Would like to send it out tomorrow, but Monday at the latest.

We are suppose to get another major snowstorm this weekend. I believe it is suppose to start tonight. I am planning on being tucked in cozy here all weekend. Have lots to get done, so I am going to make a day to day list of projects that need attention.  Looking forward to checking off some things!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Keep at it girls!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »
Good morning!

Got the kids off to school and the hubby off to work.  Now I'm thinking about how to use my day.  It's going to be a little bit chopped up because I have to pick up Nathan at 11 (Fridays are short days), then go back at 1:30 for a Christmas activity at the school, then pick up  Christie from work at 5:30 to take her back to school for a choir performance, then go to a local church for the performance (not sure what time that is--I'll have to check with her).

I'm going to get the rest of Christmas presents ordered today.  I need to pay bills.  The house is in pretty good shape--I got a lot done yesterday.  So I'll work on getting my bedroom done and the boys' bedroom.  I need to tweak my menu and see what I can make with what I have in the fridge to clean it out so I can give the fridge a good deep cleaning.  Then tomorrow or Monday I'll do a major food shopping trip and fill it all back up.  I'm hoping Monday.  I may still have to run to the store to get milk but I think we're good for everything else.

I'm also starting to think about my goals and projects for 2017.  Anyone else doing that?

Have a great day!

I've slacked on the "Light The World" posts--today's is "Jesus showed compassion and so can you".  So many ways we can do this--even if it's just giving everyone who passes by a smile while we're out and about.

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
Hello

I am here!  I have all 5 kid home so I am catching up in the house. Although I will need to go do my chickens soon. Before the storm gets here.  It is already snowing but pry close to 1" so far. Suppose to be 5-8 " ugh.  So I have chili made and fixin to make Big Family Homestead Amish white sweet bread. I will make some into bread and going to try like the cranberry braid Lindas pantry made but with apple or cherry something. I need to clean out fridge and walk in cooler. Sounds like a broken record. I am always doing that. We need to make some jerky and get that finished. I froze it and Ross took it out so now we have to take care of it. The reason I froze it was I wanted to do it later. ugh  Same ole thing here just cold. Chores take a while longer and I haven't been in the house much for extra cleaning. 
I will catch you all up. Lane is doing good. He just had a fainting spell this morning and he hasn't had anything in a long time.  He didn't eat breakfast and I think we all need vitamins.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »
Hi everyone!

So good to see some of you back again! :)  Friday is my major cleaning day in the afternoon time, so I will need to get going on that.  Seriously need to clean the wood floors, but am thinking it won't be worth it because of the weather we are supposed to get this weekend.  The weather is supposed to get CRAZY tomorrow night.  In a little over 24 hours the temperature will go from almost 60 degrees down to single digits! :o  And ice!  I would much rather have a foot of snow than a half inch of ice any day. 

Janice, so happy to hear that Lane is doing better! And happy to hear from you! :)

Pam, what would you get for a men's gift for under $5?  That would be difficult!  Have you tried the Kohls under $5 clearance spot?

Have a good day!

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
Good to see you Janice, and to ear Lane is doing well.  Stay warm out there!

Lindsay: Actually at Walmart they had a few options in a gift display. I got some flying santa thing that is kind of like a sling shot (for the young adult gift), some kind of 8 in 1 pocket tool, an assortment of brain puzzles that are little metal things that you have to get apart, and then today I went to Big Lots and got a small assortment of hot sauces.  My exchange gift is an oven mitt with matching kitchen towel that was half price at Hobby Lobby.  I probably could have just done a gift card and been done with it, but our gift limit/price was $30. so that's the route I took.  Glad it is done!

Merilee: you almost made me dizzy with your rundown of your day!!  Thanks for sharing your light the world for today!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25