Author Topic: Super simplifying the kitchen...would you? Could you?  (Read 4782 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Super simplifying the kitchen...would you? Could you?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
I think it would be however you wanted to do it.  You could use them as part of your 33, or not.  I think it's a what you use thing more than a what you buy thing but that's just my own interpretation.  Same with clothes.  When I did the clothes challenge, I decluttered all but 33 items.  I didn't get rid of all it, just packed what I wouldn't be using but wanted to keep and put it out in the garage for that 3 months.

So after the three months, did you find that you kept all of the items you had stored away? Did you put them back into your closet?

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 06:26:51 AM »
Catherine, don't forget yogurt on your list for all those yummy smoothies you make! ;) :)

Would you believe I don't use yogurt?  I have tried now and then but don't like the tang.  Don't care for yogurt to eat, either, though I can choke it down with lots of frozen blueberries.  Now my kids love it, though, but I can make it if needed.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 06:30:44 AM »
I think it would be however you wanted to do it.  You could use them as part of your 33, or not.  I think it's a what you use thing more than a what you buy thing but that's just my own interpretation.  Same with clothes.  When I did the clothes challenge, I decluttered all but 33 items.  I didn't get rid of all it, just packed what I wouldn't be using but wanted to keep and put it out in the garage for that 3 months.

So after the three months, did you find that you kept all of the items you had stored away? Did you put them back into your closet?

Jennie

Well, about 6 months later (about 2 months ago now), I decided to look through a tote of clothing in the garage and realized that stuff was still out there.  I hadn't put it back though I had purchased an item here and there (a couple of long-sleeved shirts at GW and a couple for hiking at Academy).  I kept out some sweaters but got rid of most of it.  A few things are still in the garage.  With my hair white and grey now the browns and oranges I favored before are not so flattering.  I'd say my closet is staying comfortably at around 40 items these days (I counted shoes, scarves, etc..., but didn't count each piece of jewelry separately).

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 06:37:14 AM »
So, I sat down and thought of 15 suppers using this list yesterday.  I had fun with the whole challenge (the mental planning) but will not be planning to follow it after more thought.  My doctor has been on me to be gluten-free, and I have been trying (and sometimes failing, as in this week).  Got labwork in the mail yesterday and it's indicative of inflammation so I'm going to make a strong effort to give gluten-free a good six months to work and see what my labwork looks like then.  My wrists have also been giving me extra pain, so I'm not terribly surprised about the inflammation.  Anyway, I know I can't easily keep to the 33 ingredients while giving my family regular baked goods and myself separate things, even making it all myself (which I pretty much do rather than buying the rice flour heavy gluten-free premade stuff).  But, the whole thing was fun in the thinking.  :)

Also, I want to have more variety in veggies.  Yes, I guess that's just a want, but when being gluten-free and moderate carb (some meals low-carb but not low-carb as a whole), the veggies make it easier to stay that way.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:45:17 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
Here are my thoughts on this (a little late, I know).

I could never do this.  With all of the different diet restrictions around here, it would never work.  It is an interesting idea though.

Beth - you could just list "cheese" on your list and buy as many kinds as you would like.  😊

Catherine - I didn't see chocolate on your list.  You can't survive without chocolate!  😄

If anyone tries this, I would love to hear more about it.

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
Here are my thoughts on this (a little late, I know).

I could never do this.  With all of the different diet restrictions around here, it would never work.  It is an interesting idea though.

Beth - you could just list "cheese" on your list and buy as many kinds as you would like.  😊

Catherine - I didn't see chocolate on your list.  You can't survive without chocolate!  😄

If anyone tries this, I would love to hear more about it.

Denise

I had cocoa!  Figured one could do brownies, hot fudge topping, cookies, cake, etc... with that.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 06:29:03 AM »

I had cocoa!  Figured one could do brownies, hot fudge topping, cookies, cake, etc... with that.

I missed that!  I guess that would work although sometimes you just need a piece of good dark chocolate to make it through the day.  😄

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 07:18:04 AM »

I missed that!  I guess that would work although sometimes you just need a piece of good dark chocolate to make it through the day.  😄

Denise

:D  I hear you.  Though my downfall is Dove Milk Chocolate...mmm.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »
Catherine - Doug works for the Mars company although he makes coffee and not candy.  They do put candy out for the employees, though, and he grabs a Dove bar for me whenever he sees them.  Yum!!

Denise