Author Topic: Saturday, July 18, 2015  (Read 1073 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, July 18, 2015
« on: July 18, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, July 18, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:38 AM »
I woke up early thank heavens as our alarm didnt go off. Husband and 3 of the kids are off to a memorial fishing tournament for our nephew who passed away a couple of years ago. I was trying to get them going. They need to be signed in by 6:30 so when they left they were just going to make it. Takes us at least 20 minutes to get to town. Of course they had to load and round up everything they needed. Ugh Thank heavens I ahd bought these breakfast sandwiches to heat up and there were just enough left in freezer.  Ashley and I stayed home to hay. We all just want to get haying done and do not care working longer hours. We want to go camping next weekend for Lanes birthday. I asked them if they wanted to go to derby or go camping and those chose camping. Good as i hate the demolation derby. I cant head out to bale for awhile so will keep servants going and do some weeding and watering.  Next weekend if we go camping I need to go up early on Friday and just do some shopping. We are running out of everything.Nothing exciting going on here.

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »
Good morning!

It's already hot outside and supposed to be hotter this weekend than it's been this summer, with the heat index up to 110°.  I am not liking it one bit.  I went out early this morning and picked tomatoes, okra, and peppers.  I think we're going to pull up some of the tomatoes since they're not setting any blooms.  The heat and dry weather has just about finished them off.  I've got a row of beans and a row of peas up that we replanted, along with half a dozen new tomatoes and some cucumbers and squash.  We'll be planting our fall garden soon so I need to be thinking about that.

I would like to get the house work done that I intended to do yesterday.  For some reason I had zero energy and didn't feel like cleaning.  I hope to do better today.  It's too hot to enjoy being outside so I might as well clean. :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 09:39:20 AM »
Morning girls!

Urghh, Cheryl, I have been the same way this past week.  It is too hot to want to do anything! :P  We will be dealing with the 110 degree heat index all weekend as well.  Will certainly put a damper on the outdoor stuff we are needing to do.  I was really sick earlier this week and have been doing the not cooking much thing as well.  I am using way too much of my ready-made-easy-foods right now and will be paying for that later on by having to cook everything from scratch. :P  Well, that is how it goes, I guess.  When you are sick, you are sick. 

I have been taking advantage of having to be indoors too.  Think I may have finally decided on starting my youtube channel and possibly small business online website.  I have started working on it this week, but it is evident that it is going to take quite a bit of time and effort to get up and running.  Seems fun so far, so we will see how far I get with it.  Steve has been helping me because with my lack of computer skills, I really need it.  While we were trying to get our video camera functional for use again, we ran across old movies and of course had to watch those to get them labeled correctly.  I didn't think I did that much videoing of the older kids when they were smaller, but evidently I did.  :) There were quite a few of them.  Well, the kids thought those were absolutely hilarious!  And really, they were!  How quickly we forget memories!  I am going to do my best to document everything from here on.

On my list for this weekend is nothing major due to the miserable heat wave.  I want to say I am ready for fall, but I cannot say that yet, because we are not ready firewood-wise.  In fact, Steve said this week he would be trying to get 3 or 4 big loads on the property and ready to be processed.  Listen to me talking about firewood right now, that just sounds plum crazy when it is too hot out to even open the door right now :o!

Today, I have some small indoor projects I have been wanting to finish up all week and now feel well enough to do them. Other than that, I will catch up on laundry, iron clothes for hubby next week work, pack his lunches/snack packs for next week and get them in the fridge, and when it cools off tonight I actually HAVE to do some baking.  I will make it quick though, things that take very little oven time. ;)

Janice, my dad was out behind our house haying yesterday as well.  Hope your temps are better for it than ours.  I am thankful he is doing round bales this year instead of square, so they don't have to be hauled by hand.  He is gettin' to old for that stuff!

Have a good weekend, friends!
Lindsay

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »
Good morning. I seriously had to do a double take when I looked at the date on the thread. I can hardly believe we're more than half way through July. HOT here today, mid '90s and humid. I'm doing lots of indoor tasks today--laundry, cleaning the kitchen, paying some bills, cleaning bathrooms, and changing sheets. So very thankful to have air conditioning. I do not take that lightly--it really is a blessing.

Off to move the laundry. Have a lovely day--stay cool!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!