Author Topic: Wednesday, November 19, 2014  (Read 1459 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, November 19, 2014
« on: November 19, 2014, 06:02:57 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, November 19, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 06:12:10 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

I'm just sitting here having my coffee while trying to warm up.  I went out and fed the chickens but they didn't seem too excited to be out in the cold.  All but one was off the roosts.  She prefers to stay away from the others most of the time.

I'm trying to think what all I need to do today.  I know school with Emily is planned.  She's working hard to get a little ahead so we can have some free time next week.  I really need to do some laundry as that didn't get done yesterday.  I need to sweep and dust the living room.  I love my wood heat but it's messy and dusty.  I battle this every day of winter. ;) 

Supper tonight is easy.  I'm bringing out the leftovers, navy beans, cornbread, and a few chicken tenders. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:24:43 AM »
Today will almost be ditto of yesterday.  Although Ross is already out with tractors.  I think he has fed calves as he is waiting for hay grinding guy to come.  He is usually here an hour.  He charges by the minute and it is expensive but it would be to expensive to own your own.  I will get lane a little early from school for a Drs appt.  he has been having issues of when standing up he gets light headed and about passes out. Probably nothing but will feel safer checking it out.  Ross bought more calves.  I made him promise no more. Ha we will feed and sell in February probably.  Ashley leaves tomorrow for fccla trip to Salt Lake City.  She needs to do some extra things to get ready and they leave tomorrow so she will come home after open gym.  Well trying to get kids going to get ready for school. I see my shower will have to wait as no more hot water ugh

Coffee time...
Janice williams

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:57:13 AM »
Well, it still is treacherous here in West Michigan. I feel like it's been a long winter already but it's only been a few days. We have had a lot of snow already. Roads are slippery and dangerous and there have been so many accidents claiming lives and it is only Nov. 19.  I hope we have a big break from all this snow or it will really be a LONG winter.

Other than going to work and shoveling out driveways (and parents' driveways) and just plain being very careful, there is not much time for anything else. 

Stay safe everyone. Janice, I just don't know how I could walk in your shoes--you are one busy woman from sunup to sundown. All I can say is "wow" at all you accomplish.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It was warmer this morning when I got up than it has been for a week. We have 33*. Yea! Of course the wind is howling out of the south, so it doesn't feel very warm, but at least out of freezing.  ;D It is supposed to be in the 40s and rain throughout the weekend. Better than snow, any day!  ;)
   The first 30 minutes of the meetings wasn't too bad. The last hour was horrible, boring, and just plain mind numbing. It was about HIPPA and the new laws passed about it. Oh goodness, I was so glad when that was over. We had to sign a roster. She said it was required and if we did not sign the roster we would have to take the meeting again. You can be sure my name was signed on the roster. LOL Of course the meeting ran over and it put Kerry and I behind. We were behind all evening and never even got a chance for a small break. Oh well. I will be leaving for work in a bit. Today is grocery day, so it will be a long, tiring day, plus we are prepping for the Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Carolyn told me to come in at 8 since it is supposed to be my day off. I will probably get out by 1 or 2. Looking forward to Friday when I am off.  :D
   Well, time to get dressed. You all have a great day. Talk to you later.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
Good morning!

I have a sick little boy home today, Max.  Thought he was just trying to get out of school at first (he said his tummy and legs hurt) but felt him and he was hot.  He's sleeping on the couch.  I am a little sad as I'd hoped to walk outside today while he was in school.  Inside just isn't the same mentally.  Oh well, maybe Friday.  And hopefully he'll be well enough for our usual Thursday hike at the Refuge.

Headache and PMS symptoms kicking in big-time today.  I've got laundry going and another load or two to do.  Towels and maybe one load of clothing after my sheets come out.  This is day three gluten-free so I'm hanging in there.  I know I CAN do this (have before) but some days it is intimidating.  I need to get the kids on it but feel like I'm barely surviving packing their lunches without that restriction.

I think I will get laundry changed over shortly and then do my indoor walk to get it over with.  I had hoped to do a long walk today since I didn't get to do a long hike this week.  I have a 5 mile video...it just feels LONG that way.  :P  Then this afternoon, I may reward myself with some fun reading time.

Hope all of you with the cool weather and lots of snow can stay warm.

Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:50 AM »
Good morning!

I'm having some coffee and some online time.  Going to make breakfast soon.  Its Brandon's 15th birthday so I am going to make sausage and potatoes for him.

I need to take the dogs to the vet on about an hour also for their check ups and shots and then its home to change and to the gym then back home to make the birthday boy's cake.  Busy day!

Dinner tonight is bacon burgers and french fries, at Brandon's request.

Have a great day, everyone!

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
Happy Birthday Brandon - yikes Erica where did time go??
Oh Winona, those meetings, sooo fun, especially getting the roster signed...
Nolan came to visit today...Legos, puzzle, cartoon day.  Took him home in time for his sport class.
We have had rain on and off, YEAH!  Actually got to wear my new Sloggers today.
Tomorrow will be spent cleaning, bill paying...
Dinner was chili...
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 01:35:15 AM »
Happy Birthday Brandon - yikes Erica where did time go??
Oh Winona, those meetings, sooo fun, especially getting the roster signed...
Nolan came to visit today...Legos, puzzle, cartoon day.  Took him home in time for his sport class.
We have had rain on and off, YEAH!  Actually got to wear my new Sloggers today.
Tomorrow will be spent cleaning, bill paying...
Dinner was chili...

Yay for the rain!  Are you in the big red area of CA on the drought monitor?  We are in the Oklahoma piece of it so I understand how much every drop of rain is appreciated.