Author Topic: Wednesday, July 1, 2015  (Read 1112 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, July 1, 2015
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:10 AM »
Good morning

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, July 1, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:04:57 AM »
Today is the anniversary of my FIL's passing away--5 years ago already. It will be day to think about him, my hubby and my MIL. Happy to know he lives in heaven.

Hubby's birthday is Friday and I just don't have money for a present but he has everything he needs too.  Not sure about going out for dinner as that costs too much money. Maybe just a nice evening in the screened in porch and tinkering outside.

I've got a few more days of work but I'd rather have some time off but that's not happening until the weekend. Wanted to do hamburgs on the grill Sat. but since ground beef is too high, we'll stick to brats (from the freezer) and chicken (from the freezer). It will still by tasty.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:05:21 AM »
Another day to hay.  Thank heavens.  We have been quitting by 8:30 at night as we are just cutting right now.  Today we start baling the hay.  Yesterday when Ashley and I traded windrowing I went and checked cows, put out mineral, took p--p samples, and took pictures of grass ( monitoring how much grass we are using in pasture) and put out mineral.  I finally got stuff ordered online of everything we were needing.  Keeping ups driver busy.  Today I need to clean bathrooms when I am in the house.  And hopefully clean out walkin cooler.  I need to prepare a meal for the crockpot I see.  I don't come in till 8:45 and then we are ready for bed.  They have usually ate but leave a mess ugh   I need to remember to tell Allison to water the plants.  It is a revolving door here right now. We all come in at different times..

Coffee time

Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
Good morning!

A thunderstorm rolled through here last night which cooled things off a bit.  It'll be ONLY 95 instead of 100. 

Took Jordan to football workout and have a load of laundry in the dryer and the last one in the washer.  I've already tidied up upstairs and will do downstairs in a bit.  Kids worked hard yesterday to clean up so there's just maintaining to do.  I think I'll work on the garage a bit today.  I've also got to weed my front flower bed and spread mulch. 

Tonight's busy.  Teenagers have church activities, Steven has a Scout committee meeting, Alex and I are going to an MLS Open Cup game, and Nathan's going to the meeting with Dad.  It may be a bit complicated as our van engine was overheating last night so we took it to the dealer and I don't know when we'll get it back.  It was fine up til yesterday so we think it's the coolant.  Hopefully an easy and cheap fix.

Dinner tonight is tacos, black beans and spanish rice.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
Merilee: wish we could split the difference with temps!  We have been several degrees below normal for weeks now.  Freezing cold winter, and it seems like we are stuck in early spring.  (not really complaining, but I could go for being able to wear some of the cute summer clothes I bought this spring!!)

Went to my weight watchers meeting this morning.  Had my fingers crossed, but really thought I would have to pay this week.  Glory be, I was so careful this past week, that I lost 4.8 pounds and was well within my goal weight, so I am free for the month!!!  Yay!  It was a challenging week, and I knew I had to lose about 4.5 pounds to be safe.  I was relieved, but was willing to pay the fee if necessary. 

After weigh in, my friend and I went for a 3 mile walk. (our regular weekly walk.) after which we always grab a healthy lunch to start our week off on a positive note. 

Not sure what else my day holds.  Hubby had to go out of town for meetings this morning, but should be back by dinner. Unsure what that will be as of yet. I might just wing it, or maybe grab dinner out somewhere.  We have a busy weekend ahead, so we really should eat at home.  Maybe I will hop on pinterest and see if I can find something enticing.

Probably should do a few loads of laundry this afternoon.  Think hubby and I might hit the trail for a walk later as well.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
Good afternoon.

Its been a busy day here.  Swim team practice for Trevor this morning at 7am, my last physical therapy appointment and a run to Trader Joes.  I have laundry hung on the line.  Shouldn't take to long for it to dry.  Its supposed to be 116* today.  This heat is unreal!

Trevor has youth group tonight so the hubs and I will go out for coffee while he is there. 

Not sure what dinner is yet.. its too hot to cook, LOL