Author Topic: Wednesday, June 17, 2015  (Read 1058 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, June 17, 2015
« on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, June 17, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 05:56:19 AM »
It rained yesterday so I took the girls and we did a city run. It has been a long time since I have stocked up. I ordered the day before online at Sams Club and that was a dream. Will definitely do that again. Saved me like an hour but was still expensive but just things we needed. The girls ended up getting their ears pierced. They were very excited. So today is put away what didnt get done last night and the usual daily chores. Pool maintence is our summer chore but not to big a deal. I am anxious to get haying. Weather is keeping us on our toes. We need rain to make things grow and so thankful but we need to get in fields and it has been soo wet. We need to plant to grow crops. What a challenge this year. I bought stain for rental house but she will put on. And I got deck stain for our railings but would like to something different as I hate all the maintaining but will probably just get it done this year. This summer is flying by. So many projects I want to do but I am sure I will not get to them all. Well better make a list. The kids seem to do better this way me too probably.

coffee time
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »
Good morning!

It's another hot one today, so I will be staying indoors and working.  I need to round up my canning jars and make sure I have everything I need because our blackberries are ripening and I'll be canning juice and jam in the next couple of days. 

I have my granddaughter all day.  My oldest daughter is moving and I'm keeping her youngest while she finishes her packing.  I don't really have much planned for today.  I picked everything that was ready in the garden yesterday and got that put up.  I have a load of laundry in the washer and will get that on the line as soon as it finishes.  I feel like I should be doing something, but I'm pretty well caught up.  I guess that's a good thing, right? :)

Supper tonight will be something easy - probably leftover baked chicken with a salad.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:42 AM »
Good morning!

Waiting for my breakfast muffins to cool before I dig in (Paleo Banana).  Getting a late start this morning.  I woke up around 6:30-6:45 but lay there awhile.  Then decided to get a nice bath before any of the kids got up.  This three kid thing is interesting; a lot less food consumption, for one thing.  :)  I can see why moms with smaller families seem able to do a lot more activities and such.  Oh well, I will enjoy it while it lasts but be glad to see the others home as well.

We're expecting more rain here today, due to Tropical Storm Bill.  We are on the western edge of where it's expected to track, so probably will only get 1-2 inches, but it could be a lot more if it's just a smidgen further west.  The area where Maddy is at for camp is supposed to be in the eye of it.  Thankfully, being an architecture camp, she is in a high-rise dorm and not an actual outdoorish camp.

Not a whole lot planned for today but hope to plant some seeds, do some reading, and maybe declutter some of the bookshelves in the living room--this would be the third pass but I get rid of more each time.

Janice, I used to love the Click and Pull option at Sam's, especially when Earl was gone so much and we had little ones.  Glad it worked so well for you.

Cheryl, mmm, blackberries!  Sounds yummy over your way.

Catherine
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:53:43 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

It's turned into a rainy day here, and that is just fine by me!  I've been to the gym and to yoga class this morning, come home and had my breakfast and done some NSA work.  I still need to:

-Strip/wash/remake the bed (Jean has poison ivy...again...so doing what we can to keep things clean)
-1 load of (non-sheets) laundry
-Sweep the floors (middles)
-Get the Crock*Pot lasagna going

We threw a birthday BBQ for Jean this past Sunday and it was wonderful!  We had about 30 people plus kiddos, and it went over really well.  Silly us, though, we always make grand plans for things we'd like to do to/around the house before we host a party, so we end up SUPER busy in the days before.  When it was all over, though, and we could relax, we had a fairly clean house (as clean as it can be after a big party), a newly-painted deck, a stone-edged and re-mulched flower bed, cut grass, a tidied basement, and a cleaned out fire pit and shed.  We even had a few projects that we bought supplies for but didn't have time to complete, like shutters for the back of the house and AirStone for our fireplace surround.  WHEW!  The party was Sunday and then we spent Jean's actual birthday at the Alamo Cinema & Drafthouse seeing Jurassic World. All in all it was a really fun couple of days!  I tried attaching photos, but the post wouldn't go through with them attached :(.

Nothing major happening for a little while, so we can catch our breath.  We have the Annual NSA Conference in Baltimore in a few weeks, but a bit of a break before that, thankfully.

Hope you're all having wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:39:07 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
Afternoon. :)

I am moving slowly today. All can really say is done is 4 loads of laundry and most of the dishes from my cooking escapade last night.  I put away 6 9x13 pans worth of sweet cornbread (came out to 5 one gallon ziplocs full, or five meals worth of cornbread and beans for kids).  I did all of it at one time with 3 mixing bowls, each with triple recipes.  First time I used all 3 ovens to bake the same thing at once.  That was quick and worked out better than I thought. :)  Really need to put away some muffins tonight, but I am out of milk except for almond milk now, but I think the muffin recipe may just need hot water, so maybe.

Today is a hot day again.  We got a major lightening storm last night with that terrible cloud-to-ground stuff.  Once it hit so close that it sounded like it may have hit the chimney and the power went off and came back on.  Not much going on here today.  I need to cut up a bowl of fresh tomatoes that is sitting on the counter.  Also have four pair of pants sitting here that just need buttons sewn back on to work again. 

Found such a good idea online yesterday that I think I am going to use here at home.  And it is super cheap to do!  The kids are always "losing their toothbrushes".  They don't like keeping them in a toothbrush holder with everyone else, they like keeping their things separate.  So the idea was to make a brace on the wall, paint it and screw plastic cups to it with each child's name on a cup. I think that might be the answer to our "Mom, I lost my toothbrush again problem."

Janice, the list making is the only way we remember everything that needs to be done.  We have so many projects that really need to be done this summer that it stresses me completely out.  Not only do we have to harvest and cut all of the firewood for both furnaces soon, but we have to build a wood storage area as well.  Planning to get the chicken coop and area built.  Fences to put back up.  More greenhouse work with adding more beds and lights for winter....the lists just keep going.  What is the problem though, is that things keep breaking and having to be repaired and that is taking up all the project time. :P I can't imagine how big your list is on the ranch!! :o

Cheryl, blackberries do sound good.  Our orchard friends across the road are supposed to have peaches ripe in the next couple of weeks.  I plan to go over and get a bunch for eating fresh and a bunch to freeze as well.

Catherine, those banana muffins sound really good!  Makes me wish I wasn't allergic to bananas.

Mandy, glad you had fun at your BBQ! 

Well had to get up and take care of 10 different things in the middle of posting this, so need to get back at it.

Lindsay