Author Topic: What is your favorite Meatless Meal?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline mom of 2 boys

What is your favorite Meatless Meal?
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:38:46 AM »
New at this. Anyone got some recipes they would like to share?

Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: What is your favorite Meatless Meal?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
Pretty much all of our meatless meals are bean meals - cowboy beans (minus the bacon), black bean tacos/lasagna/enchilada bake/salad.  We also recently added a greek quinoa salad to our repertoire, that's just quinoa, greek olive tapenade, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.  Sometimes we add chicken, but not always, and it is just as good.

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
Bean and cheese quesadillas, pizza, beans and cornbread or rice, salads.  I'm not very adventurous. ;)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
How can you even think of such a thing, Malessa?!  :o HA I am a beef producer. Eat beef....

I am just teasing you

Janice
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:16:49 AM by wrancher »

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
How can you even think of such a thing, Malessa?!  :o HA I am a beef producer. Eat beef....

I am just teasing you

Janice

If it makes you feel any better, I have 4 roasts cooking as we speak!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
That's what I like to hear!! Give your son a big kiss for chosing roast as his birthday dinner! :-* :-*

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 02:38:23 PM »

I am just teasing you

Janice

Hahahaha!  I was thinking to myself, "Do I HAVE a favorite MEATLESS meal?"  I guess homemade mac and cheese would be mine, made with extra sharp Cheddar.  Otherwise, give me the meat.  :P

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:51:50 PM »
Meatless meals for us are, baked spaghetti/reg. spaghetti and lasagna and pizzas as well.  I don't like meat in any of those, but instead like to taste the tomato in them.  My kids absolutely love seasoned rice and beans, so I do this once a week.  I also do the homemade mac and cheese with sharp cheddar.  For a super quick meatless meal, I fix Italian seasoned pasta and vegetables.  I do a lot of meatless vegetable soup variations as well.

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 08:29:09 PM »
Pretty much all of our meatless meals are bean meals - cowboy beans (minus the bacon), black bean tacos/lasagna/enchilada bake/salad.  We also recently added a greek quinoa salad to our repertoire, that's just quinoa, greek olive tapenade, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.  Sometimes we add chicken, but not always, and it is just as good.

Mandy

Mandy great idea on the meatless Lasagna!!! I never thought to do that. I think I can get away with that one :)

Thanks,
Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »

I am just teasing you

Janice

Janice my husband and boys totally agree with you LOL! We are a family of 4 and we eat way more meat than we should but I am not complaining I love meat! You might find me missing if we do meatless more than one day LOL!!! They are not thrilled with it.

Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »

I am just teasing you

Janice

Hahahaha!  I was thinking to myself, "Do I HAVE a favorite MEATLESS meal?"  I guess homemade mac and cheese would be mine, made with extra sharp Cheddar.  Otherwise, give me the meat.  :P

We will see how well it goes over LOL.

Maleesa
Maleesa

Offline mom of 2 boys

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 08:38:33 PM »
I forgot to mention my Husband doesn't like pasta ( but will eat it maybe one a week) and mac and cheese no one will eat it. Beans he will not eat and neither will my youngest son. My youngest son is not a fan of Mexican food or tomatoes. Both my boys had food allergies until they were almost 8 so I was so limited and they got spoiled on meat tators and veggie meals.  They still want meat, potatoes and veggie meals. So this is a challenge for me :)

Maleesa
Maleesa