Author Topic: Saturday, April 9, 2015  (Read 1293 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, April 9, 2015
« on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:33 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, April 9, 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »
Suppose to be 82 today. I will believe it when I see it. Winds 20-30 ugh  So sick of wind. yesterday was suppose to be nice also. Windy and cold. Last night we had some company over as we had a baby gift for them. He is 4 months old. yikes. Time flys. Suppose to go to a friends this evening for a birthday party.  I don't think we will make it though. Megan surprised us and came home from college this weekend.  Then Ashley leaves tomorrow for State.  She is taking her ACT right now in a neighboring town.  I am in from chores. I need to do some baking and canning and cooking.  Gonna make taco cheese meatballs, blueberry muffins, banana bars and pickled cauliflower mixture. I need to head over to neighbors to borrow some garlic.  Wind wind go away!! Ross is out cleaning oats seed with grain cleaner guy by our bins.  Hopefully we have some seed left. 

Janice
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 09:59:03 AM by wrancher »

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »
Still cold here in West Michigan. We had several inches of snow overnight last night and I had to shovel this morning. Not pleasant at all. The snow melted quite a bit today but still very unpleasantly cold.

We did nothing today. We let our daughter go out with friends for her birthday but she didn't get home until 2 am (she's 23 but lives with us). We asked to be home by 1 am because otherwise we worry but that didn't happen. So we all slept in until the phone rang TWICE. Finally at 10 am we got up. We did a flurry housecleaning--even hubby helped by cleaning sinks and stove. He can't do any bending but we can do things standing up for short periods. We just had a slow day today just being inside.

We're now watching a movie and moving into the evening.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:48:03 PM »
Good early evening, Janice and Alice and anyone else on here today. :)

Pretty boring day around our little homestead.  Hubby hit a pothole and cracked a rotor (whatever that means ???) and worked on that this afternoon and is still dealing with it.  Will have to finish that up tomorrow if he can get a replacement part.  So.....that left the rest of us doing our own thing today.  Older guys mowing and stuff in the greenhouse, littles playing legos, and me with babe tending, laundry, housework, and my normal workout routine.  Weird Saturday for us because we usually all go out running errands. 

Rest of the night, maybe move the other whiteboard to the school area.  One just isn't enough space.  We have been trying to figure out how to make a big one (like a 4 x 8)  on rollers because I really need one.  Lots and lots of learning going on every day and I don't like having to erase things that they really need to study during the day because I have run out of space.  They are like $600 if you buy one, so that is stupid, but I think hubby can put one together for almost nothing using mostly stuff we already have.  Finding the time is the only problem.  I also need to do some school planning for next week and am going to start organizing photos into piles and getting ready to start making some Project Life albums if I can ever decide on which themes to start with.  There are so many they all start looking the same.  May also try to get oldest to give dog a bath, but I don't know because I am not really in the mood to clean the bathroom after they get done. :P  Anyway that is our Saturday night run-down.  Regular party animals, right? ;) ;D

Have a good night.  I may go post in a few other threads.  Haven't gotten to talk to you guys much lately.

Lindsay

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »
Lindsay

I made my own white board in my garage I just bought a sheet of white panel board. I can't actually remember name but like Lowes or Menards or whatever you have. I think like a 4'x8' was $12 or something. I just screwed to my wall but you could make a frame for it to move around.  It was a cheap alternative. I wasn't out much $ if it didn't work but it is still good.  Just thought I would share an idea

Good luck
Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:19:02 PM »
Oh good, the panel board does work for that.  That was exactly what we were wanting to use and screw two pieces together, back to back, to make it stronger and double sided.  Glad to hear that the panel board actually does double as a dry erase.  I was thinking the material might be too "slick" for the marker to stay on it or maybe it wouldn't erase or something. Thanks! :)