Author Topic: Tuesday, January 10, 2017  (Read 807 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, January 10, 2017
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:02:07 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Pam, I hope it's ok for me to start this.  I have been meaning to post, but for some reason I can't get the board to load good sometimes.  Early morning is best, so here I am. ;D

Let's see - not much going on, just the usual housework, homeschool, and animal care.  The weather is not too bad, supposedly going up to 57° with a chance of rain.  I'll gladly take it!

We have been plugging away at purging unwanted and unnecessary things from the house, so today I want to continue with that.  I function a lot better when it's orderly.  I like being able to find just what I need.  I think that the older I get, the less I want to surround myself with 'stuff'.

Supper will be easy tonight.  I have pinto beans that I soaked overnight.  I will get them going In the crockpot soon along with some ham and onion.  Later on I will make some cornbread. 

I hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, January 10, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »
Cheryl: so nice to see the thread started!  Jump on it anytime you want (or can!)

I agree with wanting less stuff around the older we get.  I wish my mom felt the same.  It is a constant battle with her trying to give me "junk".  When we cleaned out my Grandparent's house when Grandma passed, it was a nightmare.  Stuff, stuff and more stuff!  And my mom kept saying "I'll take that, and I could use that"  All I kept thinking was "we are going to have to sort this junk again in the future".   I need to get on a purging binge very soon!!

My day is kind of choppy.  Our weather is less than desirable.  A few inches of snow over night, and now it is warming up and we are between sleet and rain.  I have to venture out to the chiropractor in a bit, and then stop by Aldi to grab a couple of things for dinners this week.  Just a few ingredients I am missing, and some produce and eggs.  Nothing major.

After that, I am home, home, home! 

Will start working on wedding ideas for son and his fiance.  We have the church on hold for Sept. 23 here in MI.  This is going to be quite a challenge with them being in SC and the wedding being here in MI.  It will all come together, though.  I have faith!

Not too much else happening here.  Trying to stay in a less than glum mood since the weather is stinky!

Chicken and Rice soup for dinner tonight.  Something cozy to beat this lack of sunshine and warmth!
Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »
Good morning!  It's a gloomy, damp day out there.  It feels more like March or April than January!

Lots to do today.  I have two loads of laundry to put away and one more to run through the machines.  Then laundry is done for the week.  I'll work on the ironing during the day.  I also need to clean the microwave and stove/oven.  I try to do those once a month.  I need to balance the checkbook and check the bills and pay any that are due.  I know one is due for sure.  I worked on my bedroom  yesterday and made good progress on getting the stuff cleared out of it.  This is stuff that just got thrown in there when we were doing quick cleanups--not decluttering.  I'll work on the office too--didn't get in there yesterday so I'll pull out the stuff I KNOW I'm going to get rid of.  I didn't get the Christmas boxes out of the garage and put away in the shed because I waited till my son got home from school so he could help--then rain started falling.   We have a clear morning so I'll just go ahead and get them in the shed, then Jordan can help move them upstairs.  I'll also get out the winter and spring decor boxes while I'm at it.

Christie works after school today.  A friend is starting her school semester so on Tuesdays I will pick up her two kids from school and bring them back here till she's done.  Tonight is Cub Scout den meeting. 

Dinner will be the lasagna I planned for last night.  I ended up doing mashed potato soup instead.

Pam, one of my friends is also planning a wedding for her daughter, who is living in Australia right now!  The fiance is Australian.  They will arrive in the US May 1st, the wedding is planned for May 12, then they're going back to Australia to live on May 29th.  I'm sure my friend and her daughter are doing lots of Skyping and texting and cell phone calls.  :)  Good luck to you!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13:44 PM »
Wow! Thank you Merilee!  Your friends situations puts mine in perspective! 

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25