Author Topic: Wednesday, March 29, 2017  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, March 29, 2017
« on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »
Good morning!

It's so nice outside today!  I am leaving in a little bit to return books and movies to the library.  When I get home, the plan is to work outside in my flowers and pruning my muscadine and thornless blackberries. 

Hope you all have a great day.  I'll check in with you later! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »
Good Morning, Cheryl,

I also "LOOKS" nice outside but I think it might be cold. I also think tonight and tomorrow could be cold and wet (and I even thought I heard snow could be possible).  Spring, where are you?

I used freezer food once again last night making a butternut squash alfredo-type sauce. I like it but I don't think hubby did. He had a leftover piece of chicken and I had a piece of fish and garbanzo beans. That was dinner. I then put steel cut oats with dried fruit into pint sized jars and pressure cooked those. We had some of that for dessert mostly to test out the flavor but it was so good we kept eating 1/2 jar! We had two and a half jars in the fridge. We finished the 1/2 filled jar for breakfast and hubby opened another one. OK, so we're still on track eating from the freezer and pantry! Wow. I do need some milk tonight but nothing else.

We spent last night reviewing a letter that needs attention by March 31. We vegged over that, researched, called people and I got a big dose of heartburn over this letter. It has to do with my husband's retirement and insurance and Medicare. He's 9 years away from being old enough to sign up for Medicare and this morning he made some calls. It turns out the letter doesn't apply to him right now but it will as it gets closer to age 65. Why would his employer send him the letter and request his signing that when it doesn't apply? I just don't understand. All the stress for nothing. Makes me very upset.

We ended up taking a walk last night to try to relax the frustrations out of us but we walked right when it was turning dark VERY QUICKLY. We live in a residential area with street lights but we almost got hit twice. I was wearing a light color jacket and so was he and there were street lights everywhere but I swear they both swerved TOWARD us. Well, that wasn't fun either. So we got home and went to bed. Today is another day and we hope it is better.

Meals for the rest of the week are up in the air. There is some leftover butternut squash and pasta but we'll need something in addition to that. Maybe it should be open faced burgers on the grill if I can get the thing started. We need a new one but with all the other expenses we're putting that on hold. I have been able to start the thing with a clicker so I'll keep doing that for a while.

Whew! That's my day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

My day has gone as most of my Wednesdays go.  Went to weight watchers meeting, walked with my friend and grabbed lunch.  Now I'm home with a few things to do before hubs & I go out to dinner later. 

Nothing major to do here.  It's a good thing too, because for some reason, I am feeling so tired.  Not sure why.  I feel like I slept ok.  Maybe it's just the blah weather.  Was hoping we could walk outside today, but it was so gray and gloomy that we thought it would feel too cold.  It might have been in the 40's around that time.  My app says it's 50 now, but it sure looks colder than that out there.
They are saying possible snow tomorrow, but there shouldn't be any accumulation so at least we have that going for us! 
(But snow???)  ::) ??? ::)

Working on some research for hubs' job.  Shouldn't take me too long.
Might take a 15-20 minute catnap to try to shake this tiredness.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »
Good afternoon!

We went to see Beauty and the Beast last night.  It was great! We had a great time together.

Today I'm puttering around.  Working on projects from my list.  This afternoon I'll take the boys to the children's museum (we planned to do that Monday but they went to friends' house instead).  Tonight is a Scout Court of Honor.

Dinner tonight--not sure.  I have ground beef and chicken in the fridge so we'll see.

Merilee