Author Topic: January 1, 2016  (Read 1515 times)

Offline bobbie78

January 1, 2016
« on: January 01, 2016, 04:33:12 AM »
Good morning!  Hope you all had a happy new years eve! We stayed home, ate and watched the ball drop. Now onto a new year.
At some point I need to finalize my grocery list along with my meal plan. My floors need some attention. It's so muddy outside. Just nasty. I also want to change my curtains in living room. Of course there is laundry. Now I think I'm going to have some hot tea and wait for daylight to start my list.
You all have a wonderful day!! Oh, dinner is turkey dinner leftovers from last night.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: January 1, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »
Good morning!

Bobbie, you are up early!

Was wide awake and looked and it was 5:46.  So much for sleeping in today.  :)  Had the alarm set for 8 AM; guess that was optimistic.  Now that my kids attend school, I wake up so much earlier (and am ready for bed earlier).  Another positive side effect of school, I guess.  ;)

Getting ready to put my receipts into Every Dollar.  Trying to make this a habit this new year.  Going to have my coffee and just chill for a bit while the house is quiet.  Earl is up but the kids who are home are sleeping still.

Later today, is a hike...good way to start a new year.  Guess I need to figure out dinner, too. 

Happy New Year, everyone!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 05:26:19 AM »
Okay, a bit weird, but just reading from the news station that an earthquake happened, and it was right at the time I woke up...wondering now if that is what made me so suddenly awake right then.  Preliminaries showing it to be 4.4.  We've had over 850 in Oklahoma this year, more than the rest of the continental US combined.  A lot of us believe it's the fracking, and they are laying off on that for a bit.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 05:49:42 AM »
Catherine, that's a lot of earthquakes! 

I am hoping to track every penny we spend this year.  I always start out strong but kind of fizzle out if Tony forgets to keep up for a day or two.  Hopefully this year we'll get our act together and keep it up.  Some categories are going to eye-opening.  For example, I don't know how much money Tony spends on gas.  I just know it's a lot since depending on where he's scheduled to work, he can have a one hour, two hour, or even longer commute.  That eats a chunk of the paycheck.

Bobbie, I've been wanting new curtains for our living room too.  I've looked in a few stores but haven't really found any I want.  I had some nice ones up last year but the backing got messed up the first time I washed them.  Now we just have blinds on the windows. 

Today will more than likely be an at home day.  I have library books I would like to read and some decisions to make about Emily's homeschool curriculum.  The history she's using now is boring her and I might switch it up.

Have a great day everyone!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 06:03:51 AM »

I am hoping to track every penny we spend this year.  I always start out strong but kind of fizzle out if Tony forgets to keep up for a day or two.  Hopefully this year we'll get our act together and keep it up.  Some categories are going to eye-opening.  For example, I don't know how much money Tony spends on gas.  I just know it's a lot since depending on where he's scheduled to work, he can have a one hour, two hour, or even longer commute.  That eats a chunk of the paycheck.

Bobbie, I've been wanting new curtains for our living room too.  I've looked in a few stores but haven't really found any I want.  I had some nice ones up last year but the backing got messed up the first time I washed them.  Now we just have blinds on the windows. 

Today will more than likely be an at home day.  I have library books I would like to read and some decisions to make about Emily's homeschool curriculum.  The history she's using now is boring her and I might switch it up.

Same here.  I'll have a day with lots of receipts and decide to put it off, then it doesn't happen and I fizzle too.  I am really liking Every Dollar (free version) and hoping it will help keep me inspired.  It's kind of like having virtual envelopes.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 06:30:38 AM »
Morning Ladies ~

Happy 2016!!!

I went to bed at 2 and was wide awake at 5:30 - first day of 2016 is going to require a nap!!! Hahahahhahaha

I need to clean up my kitchen from last night, we made way too much food yesterday so I have a fridge of leftovers.  I also thawed shrimp and never cooked them so I need to cook them today.  I need a good recipe, since I'm not a shrimp person I need to figure out a yummy way to make these - Hahahha

I need to run to the grocery store today - I'm out of dog food - really.  How did I do that?!?!?!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 06:34:00 AM »
Cath - goodness that is a lot of earthquakes!!!!!  I need to look into your "every dollar" program. I need something this year and I need to record everything so I know 100% where things are going!
Enjoy your hike!

Cheryl - enjoy your day.  Good luck with the school planning!

Bobbie - enjoy your day and meal planning!!!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »
Good afternoon and Happy New Year!

I was up until about 2 and then up at 7:30.  Brandon left at 9 to go up to the mountains and play in the snow with his friends and will probably be gone all day and evening.  They all hang out on Friday evenings so I imagine I won't see him until 11 this evening.  The hubs and Trev just left to go see Star Wars with friends and I am catching up online and thinking of taking a quick nap.

My recovery is going well.  Still sore which I imagine is normal.  Swollen and bruised too but its all temporary. 

I did read my Bible, had some prayer time and got breakfast made and the small amount of Christmas decorations that we had out are put away.  Dinner is in the crockpot.  We are having pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and veggies. 

Working on my menu for the week will be on the list to do after a nap.  I think I have my word for the year.  I'll decide for sure here soon.

Happy Saturday and Happy 2016!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 03:55:50 PM »
Happy New Year's Everyone!

We had a fun night with the kids last night playing board games.  We played Smarter Than A Fifth Grader.  Yeah....we AREN'T. :)  Was fun, but the kids were acting so silly that the game kind of got lost in all of the fun little skits they were doing.  We also had to get a bunch of firewood cut (same today) because it just starting dropping into the 20's at night here. 

Today I am putting that coat of paint on my room, the one I was supposed to get to Monday. lol I found a cute little wall decal from amazon that I want to order and put on once the paint is new.  I am starting the 2016 Home Cleaning Challenge on with How Jen Does It starting Monday.  She has here own zones, like Flylady, but different and she is adding in 15 minute a day very specific decluttering challenges.  I have already mostly decluttered, but need to do the deep cleaning part of it.  I am seriously going to try to stick with this.

Catherine, I started really looking into that Dr. Ellie site you mentioned.  I am VERY interested, but don't know what to buy to get going. (I don't want to buy a bunch of extra stuff I won't use.)  Is there anyway you could PM me or start a thread or something on what you do with it?

Erica, sure hope you are feeling better. :)

Off to paint.

Lindsay

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »
You all are doing these fun decluttering challenges and I am left here thinking, "I HAVE to get rid of some things because I don't want to pack it and move it!"  I'll be joining you all once we get moved though so i can stay on top of it.   ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »

Today will more than likely be an at home day.  I have library books I would like to read and some decisions to make about Emily's homeschool curriculum. The history she's using now is boring her and I might switch it up.

Cheryl, I have been using BJU's Heritage Studies for grades 1-6 and really like how easy it is to use.  The text is straightforward and the workbooks really give their reading comprehension skills a workout.  I don't know about how interesting it is though.  When mine get bored, I usually try to find a unit study on something they are really into.  I am having a similar issue with science.  Am trying to locate a complete unit study of Weather and Meteorology for science for my oldest 4.  They are obsessed with the Storm Chasers series and even build their own little model chaser vehicles out of the shell of remote control trucks they have, knex, and any other materials they can find. lol  I know they would love to study this together.  As of yet, I haven't been able to find it. :P