Author Topic: Monday, March 21, 2016  (Read 663 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, March 21, 2016
« on: March 21, 2016, 07:22:03 AM »
Hi and good morning,

Had a nice week with kids home but so glad for them to go back to school! One spent the week in sunny Florida and the other stayed home and studying and basically nothing else. The oldest doesn't have spring break until first week in April. 

It has been rather cold here in Michigan after having a little warm spell so this isn't pleasant. We're even supposed to get a winter weather system moving in for Wed. and Thurs. and I'm not looking forward to that at all. I did a lot of yardwork in the cold on Sat. and it really needed to get done. Tons of branches down from wind in the last week or two.

Meals were put together all week from freezer items. Yesterday was a lovely roasted chicken, green bean casserole and baked potatoes. So simple and very filling. This week will be the same. Trying to push a few extra veggies since hubby is having his hip replacement on the 29th and they suggested pushing extra veggies prior to surgery.

He has been so tired and the pain level is so high right now that a week away seems like a long time to wait.  He also has been working his 2nd job putting in a lot of hours so that we have a bit of a cushion when he is off work for three months recovering. That is so sweet but at the expense of him hurting so much. I guess I'm thankful for nights when he sleeps as that helps rest the hip. Luckily he is able to sleep when I hear that many people with hip problems can't sleep the pain away. 

Tonight I think we're having chicken noodle/rice soup. I think that's a good thing for a cold night with some bread for dunking. I haven't made bread for a while since I volunteer at a food pantry and at the end the week they often have to throw bread away since it stays good for only so long. I may take some home and have done so lately so my freezer has some very nice loaves of bread for the next few weeks.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, March 21, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 02:11:56 PM »
Good afternoon,

Boy time is just flying by lately. We are hosting Easter dinner and I am working on the deep clean in the kitchen and garage. I cant believe how greasy things were above my stove. Gross. I have everything down. I hope to get all back up by tonight but we will see. Of course if I stayed with the job I could but of course I came and paid bills and working on desk. My dad was hurt in an accident with some panels yesterday and was knocked out for a little bit. Has a gash in his head and broke his collar bone. I didn't know anything had happened. Lane took message from my mom but never told me.  ugh My sister sends text this morning : any news on dad. I was like what? 
Calving is keeping us on our toes but thankful for beautiful weather even if it is windy. Just brought a calf in to give a bottle to. I think it is a twin.  I am going back out to feed it some more.  Came in to make a call to dr to see if they have read Lanes holter monitor to get results back. If nothing else see if he can be in PE. Well calf is calling me..

Janice
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:53:59 PM by wrancher »