Author Topic: Thrusday, June 2, 2016  (Read 671 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, June 2, 2016
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:36:44 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, June 2, 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:41:04 AM »
Where has everyone been? I assume your summer is going as fast as ours. Today I have to get garden stuff finished planting and have to get baby chicks set up with a bigger area. I don't want them to have the whole barn yet as they could get hurt and cause a lot of mess. Ross and I ran a vehicle to town this morning to be worked on. I need to run some errands in town like get extra chick feed. We will be gone this weekend for a camping trip for Ross' moms

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:23:17 AM »
Hi Janice,

I'm here and have been meaning to write but I'm really, really busy also. Probably not as busy as you but still lots to do.

We're acclimating to a nice routine at home with 4 young adults kids home for the summer and the classes they're taking and the jobs and running around. Work is busy as we're entering end of fiscal year and audit and all kinds of busy things. Home life is busy with meal prep every single day and there seems to be endless laundry.

It's also an expensive summer with unexpected car repairs, dental bills, medical bills along with the expected summer bills. More goes out than comes in. I might need to find another job for the weekends.

The weather is lovely and deliciously warm. I put a roast beef in the crockpot this morning but I have no idea what to serve with it tonight. We had soft tacos last night so we don't want to do tortillas again tonight. It will come together, I'm sure.

Take care,
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
Good Morning Janice, Alice and any who follow!

I have been so crazy busy, that I have had a hard time checking in here let alone getting a post together!  This needs to change!  I sometimes use this forum to create my to do list for the day! 

I am so so so so happy that Summer seems to have arrived here in the Great Lakes State!  Even when it was "too hot" and quite humid, I found myself appreciating the sunshine and warmth!  The humidity has broken and the temps are more normal and just about perfect. 

May was a blur, and here we are on to June! 

Yesterday I had to drive my parents back to the U of M hospital for my Dad's follow up appointments for his surgery.  It was a 16 hour day from leaving my house to returning.  Thankfully hubby was able to take a day off and go along. He was the perfect buffer between me and my Mom. Plus, they weren't so quick to bicker in front of him.  It was a great help.

Today I am home.  Catching up on laundry, and then planning dinner.  We are going to eat a little early, and then hitting the bike trail to head to a local brewery to see a local country artist that we know.  It should be a fun and relaxing time together.  I am thinking that a nice grilled chicken salad with a side of cut up fruit for dinner.  Nice and clean and healthy!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the month!
Check in and say Hi if you have a minute! 
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Good morning, everyone!

I am here, but have been really busy with the garden.  I've been going out around 5:30 a.m. to pick before the heat and humidity sets in.  Our squash is doing great and the cucumbers are too.  I've made one batch of refrigerator pickles so far and have frozen some squash.  We've had squash in one form or another for the past few nights, and we will have it again tonight!

I've got the dehydrator going now with cucumber chips.  I did half of them salt & vinegar flavored and the other half sour cream & onion.  I hope they turn out well.

After lunch I plan on making zucchini bread with the zucchini I picked this morning.

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn