Author Topic: Monday December 8, 2014  (Read 1167 times)

Offline bobbie78

Monday December 8, 2014
« on: December 08, 2014, 07:41:43 AM »
Good morning, ladies!
I went to bed early last night not feeling well. I woke up around 530 this morning and felt better. Now, the icky feeling is starting to return. Chad is in bed still. He doesnt feel well either. :(  Praying whatever it is will pass quickly.
We had a busy weekend. My 17 year old niece was in town from Pennsylvania. We had her a birthday party on Saturday. She is growing up so much! We only see her maybe twice a year.  After her party, we done some shopping then came home. My mother in law called and said my father in law was sweating profusely, asleep and wouldnt wake up. The squad came and he finally awoke but didnt know anybody or his own name. A few minutes later he just snapped out of it.  He is better now. The paramedics seem to think his blood sugar dropped too low and then raised back up and he came around. I am not so sure that is what happened but it sure did scare me. They did not take him to the hospital but he has an appointment to see his doctor in an hour.  He is diabetic but also has a pacemaker. He is 70 years old and I worry about him greatly. He fell in my back yard a few months ago and hit his head. Thank the Lord he was ok and not hurt.  But he falls a lot. :(
On the agenda for today is to tidy my kitchen and get caught up on laundry.  I also need to make some cookie packets to be prepared for the baking I am starting next week. It sure does save time to have all the dry ingredients in baggies, then just add the wet.   I am making grocery lists for the Christmas Eve party, too.  Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday December 8, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »
Good morning!

Tony finally had a weekend off work and he spent it putting laminate flooring down in our living room.  We have pine flooring underneath it and hated to cover it up, but it was unfinished and impossible to keep clean.  When we moved in, we had intentions of sanding it and refinishing it but kept putting it off because we didn't know what we'd do with the cats while waiting for the polyurethane to dry.  Well, 5 years later 2 cats turned into 4 and we knew there's no way we could keep them off a freshly varnished floor for 48 hours, so we decided to put down the laminate until the day comes when there are no cats or small children left in the house. ;)

Right now my living room is a mess.  We have nowhere to put the furniture as we work, so it's been pushed aside until we get to the spot where it's sitting, then it's moved to another spot and on & on.  There's maybe another hour's worth of work and then it's on to the kitchen. 

I haven't been much help this weekend because I started getting sick Friday and spent a lot of Saturday just lying around.  My head is congested, my throat hurts, and now the congestion is moving into my chest.  Coughing is painful.

I think I'm going to rest a bit before doing any housework.  Hope you all have a great day.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:03:36 AM »
Bobbie - hope you and Chad feel better soon.  That's scary about your FIL.  Hopefully he'll get some answers from the doctor today.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:47:02 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I am home for good now.  ;D Yesterday was my last day at work. I am glad it is over, but sad also. I will really miss my coworkers. I guess I can't have it both ways. LOL I have already done up the dishes, swept and gave the counter a good scrubbing. Also scooped the litter box. It feels good to be doing my household chores again.  ;) I am now enjoying my cup of coffee while I piddle on the computer.
   I think I will drag out some of my scrap yarn and make some granny square crocheted purses for the granddaughters. I almost have the boys' scarves done. I have about 3/4 of the third one done. Only one more. I have missed being able to just sit and work on handwork. I may even get back to quilting. I have done none of that since I started work back in August.
   I have a bit of stew meat thawing. I will then make up some beef stew. I am anxious to get back into the cooking mode.  ;)
   Well, I'd better get this posted. I guess I also need to get back into the routine of calling mom daily. You all have a great day. I know I will!  ;D
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
Good morning ladies  :) Warmer here today but I'm sure still quite brrrrry for some of you lol.

In case some of you ladies haven't seen it we are doing the Christmas card exchange again this year but the deadline is tomorrow so check out the thread if you're interested. Our lovely Miss Mandy has graciously agreed to pair everyone up again for us.

Have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. Not much going on today I got laundry done and had lunch and watching a movie with hubby. When it is done will go over presents and make sure we have everything. Then it will be time to get kids and run to store to get stuff to fix dinner. Have a great day!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
Afternoon ladies.

Had a pretty good weekend, though the weather was yucky and dreary for all of it.  We got lots of new stuff planted out in the greenhouse.  Decided to order a bunch of watercress seeds.  Read recently where it is has even more health benefits than kale, so am wanting to start tossing some of that into our salads as well.  Never tasted it, so we will see how that goes. ;)  Also hubby worked on the bathroom renovation a bit.  It is coming along, but slowly. Think I have decided on the color theme.  I am going with a burgundy and ivory (all my trim and crown molding is already ivory and I just like burgundy)  Trying to locate a Scooby Doo shower curtain (it is the boys bathroom so I will give it a character theme as well).  Can't seem to find one yet. :P  I also got all of the kids Christmas Eve outfits out and washed.  Was going to iron them all and get them hung up and out the way, but my iron got knocked off the board last time I used it and I didn't know that it actually broke it when it did. :P  So will be getting a new iron today.  The guys also got a bunch of firewood cut up so we could stay nice and cozy this week. ;D  Sunday we just hung out together and watched some Andy Griffith on Netflix. 

For the rest of the day, need to finish school, bake at least 6 loaves of bread, get some chicken baked for tonight's dinner and finish up on laundry. 

Bobbie and Cheryl, hope you guys start feeling better today!!

Winona, so glad you are back home enjoying your days again. ;D

Janice, I meant to thank you for the Christmas tree idea.  If I don't use it this year, I might next year.  I was thinking of putting the "real" artificial tree in the front foyer where it can be seen from the driveway and maybe putting the "kids" tree in the living room where they play most of the time.  Thanks for the idea.

Gotta get to bakin' that bread.
Have a great day.

Lindsay

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:13 PM »
Thanks, Cheryl and Lindsay. I am feeling somewhat better. Chad still isnt feeling the greatest. But we are just relaxing. I am just now getting ready to go do those dishes. Its only 320 in the afternoon! And I'm in my pajamas still! Tomorrow will be a better day ;)
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
Good afternoon!

Woke up tired this morning but decided to go on the 3 mile hike advertised for today.  Yeah, well, it turned into 6 and much of it was off-trail and over mountains.  I did it and am proud of myself but am now even more tired and feel like I have a sinus thing coming on.

As I was driving out of the Wildlife Refuge, the school called and said Morgan had hurt her shin at recess.  So I went to the school to pick her up, then on to Max's school to pick him up.  In 10 minutes, I'll leave to go get the other two.  Maddy just walked in the door from her school.

Dinner tonight is leftover beef stew from last night.  Earl has class.  Maddy  just informed me part of her homework is to watch the Lorax so I'm sure the other kids will as well.  Hopefully, we can get homework done, eat dinner, and just chill this evening.  I think we all need that.

For those who aren't on fb, Earl had pulled up our laminate flooring last weekend, and yesterday he put down LVT.  We are hoping it stands up better to multiple pets and kids.  Though the other stuff was almost 7 years old.  It sure is MUCH quieter in here without that "floating floor" thing with the laminate.  With my crew, it was so loud.  This seeme to deaden the sound much better so far.

Have a great evening!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
Good afternoon

The flu has been working its way through our household. Only Ross and Ashley are left to get it, Megan will be coming home for college this week for Christmas break. She is hoping not to get it also. I really am not sure if it was something we ate when we were at Allisons bball tourney or the flu. I kinda think it was what we ate. It was called hu hot but like a mongolian grill where you pile it all on and they cook on stone thing. I think it was the sauce/oils. My stomach still knots up though.  So the usual outside chores, hauled 2 loads of hay for hay grinding guy, ran some errands in town that had to be done. I am cleaning out my medicine cabinet (actually too large a cabinet ) as I cant find anything and throwing expired. I think it will be soup for the sick and pizza for the healthy here tonight. I am trying to get my house cleaning done as we have company tomorrow. We also have a home game. Then shopping with hubby on Wednesday, Thrusday away game and Friday ALlison bday sleepover. I got my Christmas card so will have Ross help me with letter tonight.  I got special on Sams club 100 for $15 So nothing exciting here. Plugging along trying to get a few extra things done here and there.  Ashley had friend stay over last night as her parents were gone for appointments today.  I was so mad at her though as when I went in her room last night she hadnt cleaned it . ugh  KIDS! I had given her a list but it looks like it didnt help much. 

Have a good evening
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »
Good afternoon

The flu has been working its way through our household. Only Ross and Ashley are left to get it, Megan will be coming home for college this week for Christmas break. She is hoping not to get it also. I really am not sure if it was something we ate when we were at Allisons bball tourney or the flu. I kinda think it was what we ate. It was called hu hot but like a mongolian grill where you pile it all on and they cook on stone thing. I think it was the sauce/oils. My stomach still knots up though.  So the usual outside chores, hauled 2 loads of hay for hay grinding guy, ran some errands in town that had to be done. I am cleaning out my medicine cabinet (actually too large a cabinet ) as I cant find anything and throwing expired. I think it will be soup for the sick and pizza for the healthy here tonight. I am trying to get my house cleaning done as we have company tomorrow. We also have a home game. Then shopping with hubby on Wednesday, Thrusday away game and Friday ALlison bday sleepover. I got my Christmas card so will have Ross help me with letter tonight.  I got special on Sams club 100 for $15 So nothing exciting here. Plugging along trying to get a few extra things done here and there.  Ashley had friend stay over last night as her parents were gone for appointments today.  I was so mad at her though as when I went in her room last night she hadnt cleaned it . ugh  KIDS! I had given her a list but it looks like it didnt help much. 

Have a good evening
Janice

Oh no!  Hoping it was the food so the rest of you don't get sick.