Author Topic: Tuesday, September 2  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, September 2
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:37:50 AM »
Good morning!

It's another hot, humid day around here with only a chance of rain this afternoon.  This heat wears me out. 

Today I will get Emily started on her school work, then I'll get started on my housework which includes putting away all the laundry I folded last night, cleaning floors, dusting, and dehydrating more peppers.

Winona - I've been thinking of you in this heat.  Were you able to get your AC working?  Hope you're able to stay cool.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
Re: Tuesday, September 2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
Good morning!

Hot and humid here as well.  Well, mid-80's with about 60% humidity, which is relatively cool and dry for this area, but we've been so spoiled this summer that it feels miserable! 

We didn't really have anything planned for this weekend, but it ended up being a lot of fun!  Saturday morning was coffee and reading on the deck, then Jean mentioned going to a movie in the afternoon. I love our drafthouse theater so much that I agreed right away (even though I didn't particularly want to see Guardians of the Galaxy).  Of course, we had to stop for Sweet Frog on the way home ;D.  Sunday was church, but we both had the day off from choir and praise band, so we could sit out in the congregation together during the service.  After the service our friends invited us over to grill pizzas for dinner and swim in their pool.  In between church and their house for dinner we took Grimm to the winery for mimosas and bagels (well, for us...not him!).  Yesterday Jean had CrossFit in the morning, then Grimm and I joined him afterwards for a cookout they were having.  Fun weekend all around!

Today is back to the grind - NSA work, house cleaning (Floors! Bed! Laundry!), and I need to submit a report to our pastor for church. Tomorrow is my first day of yoga at the gym, and I'll do a workout after that, so today might just be a short workout on the treadmill here at home.

Dinner tonight is roast beef cheesesteaks.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:53:32 AM »
Good Morning

Great weekend camping! We got home around noon yesterday. I did haul in 2 loads of hay as the tractors will be busy spraying and haying this week. Lane had football practie last night at 6.  Today he has game in another town about 1 1/2 hrs away so we will get younger 2 out of school to go. We need to stop at a little western store on the way tomorrow is picture day. I wanted Lane to dress up for game day and discovered he does not really have much for clothes.  all the kids really dont. I didnt buy them any clothes for summer so now we are hurting. I helped Ross get grain vac going so he is loading wheat to take to town. Then we will get sprayer hooked up and the windrower (to cut BMR like a sudan grass )for haying. Then we will go our separate ways. I have laundry going full tilt. The kids made forts around the gooseneck of the camper (boys versus girls) and then they slept outside on the ground. TONS of blankets as I dont want spiders etc. and the end of the season. I need to haul in more stuff from camper so we can get it winterized. Well I need to see about mailing off the fecal samples from the cows and 800 other things around here.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:03 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. :)

Do the long holiday weekends confuse anyone else?  I keep thinking it is Monday. LOL :)

We had a good weekend together just spending time together, not much else.  We really didn't even get much done around here. ???  I think every once in a while, it helps to just take a break.  I really enjoyed having my sweetie around yesterday. :)  He doesn't get many days off of work.

Today has been the normal for the weekdays....school, laundry, dishes and a bit of tidying.  Also got my Azure order placed and need to  get the rest of DS birthday gifts ordered.  Exciting huh?  Not really, but still what I love. :)  Dinner tonight will be baked chicken, seasoned quinoa pasta, and some sort of a veggie.  Hope hubby gets home earlier tonight because we need to get some kale and lettuce transplanted and get some more starts going.  Greenhouse is full of pretty much nothing but unripened tomatoes, so when they start ripening it is going to be a mess to put away. :)

Winona- I was worrying about you last night with all of the humidity.  I am sure it is humid where you are because your weather works its way over to us.  Please say Kevin was able to get your AC up and running yesterday!

Mandy- Your weekend sounded so busy and fun!  I enjoy reading about all the fun and different things you guys do. :)

Cheryl-  It is hot here too.  I feel for you.  Not really as hot as miserable humid. :P

Janice- Glad you had such a wonderful weekend.  Sounds like it is back to business as usual.  Emphasis on busy. LOL ;D

Have a great day girls.

Lindsay