Author Topic: Friday, September 30, 2016  (Read 646 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, September 30, 2016
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:46:06 AM »
Happy Friday!

It is so dark, dreary, cold and just plain yucky around here lately. We've had wind, rain, sunshine (briefly), cold, for the entire week and will extend into the weekend.  It makes for a depressing time.

Not too many people are around posting this week. Must be too depressing, too busy, last minute vacations or whatever. It's been busy for us too! We have relatives visiting from out-of-the-country and we want to visit with them or take them places while they are here. It's been good. We even took my parents and the whole group for a day trip but that was rather difficult with aging parents who are not able to endure an entire day away. They did OK but probably we shouldn't do that long of a day again. There was some walking involved and they said they could handle it but they could not. Lesson learned.

This whole week we just puttered around trying to eat the meals that we prepared and they never seemed to go away. Last night I finally made a "new" meal and I realized I made way to much so now we'll be eating that for days and days and days.  It doesn't make much sense to just do a little bit while you've got the stuff out anyway but the end result is eating the same old thing all week isn't appealing. I know if I freeze a bunch I'll forget about it and wonder what it is two years from now!

My youngest daughter is taking a trip in January and needed her passport info. for filling in some forms. I saw my passport and hubby's and realized they had expired a whole year ago! Not good since my oldest daughter now lives in Honduras and we want to visit her sometime in the next year. We scrambled and got ours renewed which only took 11 days and we didn't even select the expidited option!

Not much else going on here. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, September 30, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »
Good Morning Alice and all who may come by:

I agree with the yuck on the weather as of late. It sure affects how I feel, and how much I want to do. 

So surprised that you got your passports back so quickly. Did you do that at the post office?  Hubby's expires at the end of next month. We are going to NY for our anniversary, and the quickest drive is through Canada, but I thought we would have to loop around Lake Erie since he had put off renewing. It adds over an hour to the drive, and is fine if we have to, but if he can get it back quick enough, maybe I should "encourage" (nag) him to get it done after all. hmmm, something to talk to him about.

Today I am reading a book my friend gave me. It's called "A Man Called Ove".  When she and I were downtown at an Art event, we saw that it had been made into a movie and was coming to our theatre that shows independent films. That gave me the push to actually start the book so we can go see that in November.  It is a good day for reading.

Not much else happening around my world. Hoping to have a weekend at home so we can get some pre winter things done.

I really need to do some menu planning as well. I want to send my college son some money, and that will need to come out of the grocery budget, so if I menu plan using mostly what we have here, I will be able to be a little more generous to him. We have only seen him for about five minutes (met up with him to give him a rent check) since he moved to Indiana for school. He isn't really that communicative, so sometimes I get to wondering about him.  He is really self sufficient, but sometimes I think he takes to much on for himself. I still want him to feel like he has a support system.

Had some over ripe bananas, so I quick made some muffins. I use a super easy recipe. It is about 3 mashed bananas and a yellow cake mix. That's it. Mix them together (no eggs or anything) and bake as directed for cupcakes. I usually sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar before baking.  This time I threw in some peanut butter and about a half a bag of chocolate chips instead. Easiest and quickest recipe ever, and they turn out great.

Guess I should get to the rest of my day. Menu planning, a couple of computer things, reading, and finding some way to get a little exercise in.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Hope it's sunny where you are!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
Pam,

Ours were expired only by one year so we used the "renew passport" application that you can get online. We filled it out, got our photos at Walgreen's, wrote the $110 check and went to the post office to send it off by the trackable package. 11 days is all it took which is way less than expedite! We didn't put anything in the line that asks for travel plans because we have none as yet. Yesterday we got our old ones back with the second photo stapled to the front page and a big paper hole punched through then entire passport which must mean "expired". Sounds like your hubby can use the "renew passport" application also. You didn't say when you would go but a lot of times you could be denied entry to a country if your passport is close to expiring. Something to think about.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Alice! I will check into it!
 :)

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25