Author Topic: Wednesday, July 12, 2017  (Read 734 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
Good Morning,

It's raining this morning. I'm hearing that we are probably going to have some more severe storms today. Not liking that at all since we had such a bad one on Friday morning and the cleanup is still happening and power was just restored for a lot of folks.

I had no idea that the temps were in the 90s yesterday until one of my girls emailed me asking if they could turn on the A/C. They also said it smelled like a skunk in the basement. Turning on the AC eliminated the smell but I think it was bleach. Sometimes bleach smells like a skunk in my opinion and hubby had bleached a white shirt yesterday. I didn't smell it when I showered down there earlier so it had to have been bleach. It's gone now.

We got a lot of zucchini squash from my parents and we gave a bunch away and we ate a bunch and then I made a good zucchini choc. chip muffin for dinner. With chicken and rice as the main meal. We got our few groceries for the week last night that including mostly non-food stuff. Things like cat food, qtips, shampoo, deodorant are all things that really add up quickly. I hope to be done for the month with foodie stuff and might only need a few fresh things.

Well, that's it for my day. It's going to be another scorcher with storms.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »
Good morning!

The weather is cooling SLIGHTLY.  Low to mid 90s instead of high 90s to low 100s.

I'm watering the lawn right now and I have a load of laundry in the washer. 

Nathan has a play date with a friend this morning, then this afternoon he has an appointment with his eye doctor to see how his ambylopia is doing.  I'm going to see if I can arrange a play date for Alex during that time so he doesn't have to come along to the doctor appointment.  Christie and Jordan work this afternoon.  Christie's got a choir practice tonight and Jordan has a church activity.

Today is a normal day.  Wednesday is my shopping day but I don't really need anything besides milk so I think I may just stop and buy some while I'm out and about and postpone the shopping till I have cleaned out the fridge a little more.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:47 AM »
Hello Ladies!

I had one plan for my day, and Mother Nature had another! 
My plan was: Weight Watchers meeting, walking with friend, lunch, dollar store and stopping to pick up some tickets at the box office before coming home.
Mother Nature's plan was: RAIN so, Weight Watchers and home!

Now I need to reorganize my day.  The older I get, the harder it is for me to roll with the punches when it comes to what I have planned.  I don't get upset or angry or anything, I am just at a loss for what I need to do instead.  Simple problems! 

Rainy rainy day, so it may just be a book reading or movie watching kind of plan!

Hubs is headed out of town this afternoon and will be back some time tomorrow.  So, I am on my own for dinner.  Not sure what that will consist of.  I had a menu plan for T, W and Th, and so far, none of it is going to happen. (More of that rolling with punches stuff!)

Need to unload and reload the dishwasher, sweep hallways and entryway, file some paperwork and update the car maintenance file since we got an oil change and alignment yesterday.

Not much else that I really NEED to do, so the day is an empty slate for me for the most part! 
Might need to do a walking video or yoga video since getting out to walk is looking like less and less an option.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25