The Kitchen Table Visiting Corner > Anything Goes!

DVDs, movies, etc.

<< < (2/3) > >>

MissMandy:
I would second much of what's already been written!

Gilmore Girls & Little House on the Prairie being all-time favorites, I also enjoy(ed):

Call the Midwife
Downton Abbey
Good Eats
various shows and videos on YouTube (with beauty and lifestyle channels and BBC weight-loss documentaries being my current faves)

Mandy :)

wrancher:
We used to watch any of the shows we wanted online. Like abc.com , history channel, etc. You could always run a hdmi cable to tv from computer but we just watched on laptop.

Then once we got into a series you could go back and see any episode you wanted. ususally

Janice

Alice:
It took this long but we found the answer to watching tv, finally!

Since we cut the cord to Uverse Tv in August, I'm the one who got the bad end of the deal because I would love watching cooking channels and HGTV. I still miss that but PBS often has a cooking show here and there. We also found "greed" or "snapped" on one of the channel 15 channels. Then we borrowed a DVD from the library and it was a disaster. It was so full of scratches that it kept F***R***E***E***Z***I***N***G on us and it was unwatchable. Our oldest daughter, who now lives in Honduras, was chatting with us on Saturday night and she said "I have a netflix account and I can add you as a user". She told us how to login and we were shocked to see all the movies there for viewing. She said it is worth the monthly fee which she pays anyway because she uses kids videos in the classroom for special things or lunch times and her own viewing pleasure. She promised there was nothing wrong sharing this with us. We couldn't find the movie we were trying to view that we got at the library but found another one that we wanted to see. No scratches and no freezing! I'm not sure how it works but do they rotate movies in and out? How long does it take a "new" movie to make it to Netflix? We really like it.

Alice

Rooney:
Alice, we have only been using Netflix for a year and a half or so and like it as well.  Your daughter probably just added a device on her monthly plan (I think it is like a dollar or two extra per device on her monthly bill) so as long as she pays for her device and your tv at home, you should be good. ;)

We use it mostly for the kids side of it, but yeah they do have a lot to choose from.  Seems to me they constantly rotate a little bit, because there always seems to be new stuff showing up and older stuff disappearing.  I think it might also have a lot to do with what is being viewed most, by how long they keep it.  Right now the kids are liking Sophia the First and they will be disappointed when that disappears.  Watched Hotel Transylvania 2 with them the other day.  That is one of those cartoon shows that is so funny that adults like it as well as the kids. :)

As for brand "new" stuff... umm, I don't know because I really don't keep up with new releases like I used to.

Personally, I am seriously waiting for November 25th when the four part Gilmore Girls Reunion movies are airing.  Matter of fact, I would have renewed Netflix, just to see that! :)

shedrinkzcoffee:
We have had Netflix since we got our first Roku box in 2008 and we still absolutely love it!

They rotate a lot in and out but most things are there for quite a long time.  Sometimes movies that are pretty new are on there.  I know that new movies like Minions (2015), Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015), Zootopia (2016), and London Has Fallen (2016) are available now.  It really just depends on who they have contracts with on how soon they can put them up.

Television shows are great too and they are only about a season behind so you can stay pretty up to date.

Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version