Author Topic: Friday, February 24, 2017  (Read 749 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, February 24, 2017
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:51:26 AM »
Good morning!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, February 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:07:48 AM »
It's another beautiful spring-like day with temps supposed to be in the 70s, but winter is not over and by Sunday we are going to be in much colder weather.  I plan to enjoy being out today and tomorrow as much as possible.

I am getting ready to head to town to pick up a few groceries.  I'm out of fresh vegetables and since we're concentrating on using our freezer and pantry items, that's pretty much all I need to buy this week.  I also need to stop by the vet's and buy Lily's prescription food.

Tonight is homemade pizza.  I mixed up a refrigerator dough yesterday so prep work is almost done.  I made a double recipe of sauce last week and froze it for tonight.  All I have left to do is chop up the veggies and put it together.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Cheryl: what a great idea to double your batch. Will make easy work for you tonight!
Alice: hope you get a handle on your construction project!  One step at a time!

Last night we had chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, stove top stuffing, and corn for dinner.  When I was at Aldi, they had a huge whole chicken, and since that is one of hubby's favorite meals, I picked it up for him.  It was probably a 6# chicken.  So, now we have a ton of leftover chicken!  We will be eating on that all weekend I am guessing! 

We went to see "Fences" yesterday afternoon.  It was pretty good.  Fairly serious movie, but good acting for sure.  After the last couple movies we've seen, I feel like we should see the Lego Batman movie or something a little less deep! LOL!

My day today will be mostly laundry, and reorganizing some things.  A lot of papers that need to be dealt with.  :P
Not my favorite thing to do, but I am sure I will feel accomplished when it's done!

It is a rainy gloomy day here.  So unusual for February in Michigan.  Not the gloomy part, just the rainy part!  It makes it feel like Spring, but I know full well that Winter will be back in no time!!

Hope you all have a great day!  Be productive!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
Good morning!

I've run errands:  got gas, dropped off an Amazon return at UPS, dropped books at the library, and stopped by Petco to compare kitty litter prices.  Came home and put in a load of laundry and am trying to get motivated.  I often hike on Fridays, but was quite tired yesterday and saw wind in today's forecast.  Having just gotten over an ear infection, wind did not sound pleasant.  We were at 90 degrees for the high yesterday, but are supposed to be at 27 by morning.  Still haven't planted out my cabbages.  One of my peach trees had started blooming yesterday so I've been researching what to do to try keep it from freezing tonight.  Thinking of draping an old blanket over one and a tarp over the other.

Dinner tonight is supposed to be chicken broccoli rice casserole, but I'm considering ordering pizzas as Earl and I are going out to pick up a load of straw to use as garden mulch.  Will have to discuss that with him.  Maddy is attending a birthday party for a friend about 40 miles from here.  They are picking her up but we'll need to go get her probably about 10 PM.

Tomorrow night is the annual Father-Daughter Dance here in town.  Earl's been taking Maddy since she was three, aside from when deployed and maybe one other year.  Now all three girls go.  The boys and I are planning a trip to the Great Plains Museum and I may surprise them with a trip to the local frozen yogurt bar.  I don't care for froyo but they also have custard and gelato.  Mmm.

Hope y'all have a nice weekend!

Catherine