Author Topic: Monday, May 23, 2016  (Read 896 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, May 23, 2016
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:12 AM »
Good Morning,
It's a sunny, beautiful morning here in West Michigan. It has been a lovely weekend as well! I just loved the warmth and lovely days.

We had our boarder move in on Friday and she came straight from a college dorm to our home with a bunch of dirty laundry just like my kids did when they came home. We got her all cleaned up and moved in. It is a very busy household for sure!

Firday night we didn't have any dinner prepped and hubby suggested going to pickup Qdoba. The price of takeout was ringing bells in my ears and I just croaked thinking how much it would be to feed 6 hungry adults. I vetoed that idea very quickly and said to find some ground beef in the freezer and we would make our own Qdoba right at home. We had dinner cooking very quickly and got very close to a Qdoba burrito. It was filling and delicious and every bit was scraped clean! No complaints.

On Saturday, hubby and I cleaned out the deep freezer and there were only one surprise of something in a baggy that we weren't quite sure what it was. It looked like diced zucchini or cucumbers. It went into the woods for the animals. We found two bags of frozen chicken legs/thighs that we thawed for Sunday dinner. Then we went to the grocery store looking for more chicken legs/thighs and ground beef. We found a lot of discounted boneless pork, some discounted ground beef, discounted breakfast sausage and chicken. Yeah! We decided to grind the pork and freeze that to be used in a mixture with the ground beef to stretch a future meal. We found discounted mozzerella balls and then did our regular shopping. For lunch, the kids all packed lunches and headed to the beach and the rest of us also had sandwiches. For supper, we made pizza using some breakfast sausage mixed with ground pork and I had some salami in the freezer and frozen diced green peppers. It made a delicious pizza and again, every morsel was eaten.

On Sunday we did the roasted chicken legs/thighs and I had found 1/2 bushel of potatoes for $3 so we roasted a bunch of the smaller ones to go with the chicken and we had salad. Sunday nights are "get your own" food night. So now we're Monday and since I work FT I'm at work so I can rest. Ha, ha.  I do have to think of something for tonight's supper. I'm thinking of teriyaki meatballs with salad and maybe a cup of soup for everyone. I have a few fixings in the fridge that I want to use up for the soup so maybe that will be our meal.

We also had the washing machine run nonstop on Thurs., Fri., and a little bit on Saturday. Today hubby will also have to do a load. We line dry our stuff so that will save on the dryer. Showers were also running non-stop or so it seemed. There was even a young man (a friend of our kids) who had to move out of his dorm but can't quite get into his apartment until June 1 so he asked if he could take a shower at our house. I'm not sure where he is living for the next 10 days but I think he is camping. He's quite the outdoorsy kind of guy so he'll be OK.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, May 23, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:12 AM »
Good morning!

Well, we are in the last week of school.  We're also in the last few days before leaving for our family vacation.  Today I'm going to do laundry and get the house cleaned up.  I'm also going to finish the trip lists and start gathering stuff.

I have a few things to use up in the fridge through making food for the trip, so I'll be doing that. 

I have the twins and football carpool today.  Christie's working until 9.  Nathan has a make up soccer game tonight.

Dinner is Greek chicken gyros, tabbouleh salad and fruit.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, May 23, 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »
Good Day Ladies!

Well, our busy week was fun and tiring.  Yesterday we had a slow relaxed day.  We went to the downtown market for brunch and tooled around there for a bit.  It was nice.
Last night we went for a 4 mile walk and then had ice cream for dinner.  We did some yard work in the afternoon, and got our bikes out and cleaned up and ready for the season.

Today I need to get a little bit of laundry done including the bedding.  I also need to run buy a birthday gift for a friend. 

Also need to figure out dinner for tonight.  Probably something on the grill since it is so nice outside. 

Tomorrow hubby has actually taken a day off, so we are planning on going up north to a bike trail we have ridden before and is really nice.  It is about 10 miles one way, but is mostly flat, so it is a favorite of mine!  Hills kill me!   :)

Wednesday I have a plan with my weight watchers friend to celebrate our birthdays.  Mine is Saturday, and hers is next Friday.  So, since I have to miss next Wednesday, we will celebrate together.

Thursday I have a date with my best friend from HS. Not sure what we are going to do yet.  We both enjoy photography, so we try to do things that can include that.  Maybe head to the big lake and a lighthouse, or a zoo, not sure.

College son is coming home Tues-Thurs.  I guess it is just a visit.  He still has his apartment at school, and is working there, so will stay there until transferring in the fall to South Bend.  I was surprised that he said he was coming home for that long.  It will be nice to have him around for a while.  He hasn't really spent time here since the Christmas break. 

We will be home by dinner tomorrow, so I will get that going in the crockpot before we leave so we can all have dinner together.  Wed. I will be home by early afternoon, so we will have some visiting time in the afternoon/evening with him.  Not sure when he is going back TH.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I need to get some things done so I can play this week!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25