Author Topic: Tuesday, February 11 , 2014  (Read 1105 times)

Offline fishermanwife

Tuesday, February 11 , 2014
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
Good Morning!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Tuesday, February 11 , 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:11:34 AM »
Not much going on today outside the normal laundry and kitchen clean up, may watch a little tv if me and Ollie can agree to a show lol not feeling great my head has been all plugged up with sinus problems. Will run by post office and the vet after picking the kids up from school to get Lucky Kentucky another deworming pill bc I saw he has worms again just like back in November. Anybody else have this problem? I was reading online I might have to just start doing it monthly.
Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
Good morning ladies,

I hope they are right. Today is supposed to be the last day of frigid temps, at least for a while.  :D It was -2* when I got up, but is up to 9* now. Supposed to be close to 40 by Wed. Not sure about that, but we'll see.  :)

I lost one of my barred rock hens yesterday. I knew she wasn't acting perky, but she was getting older. I can't bury her right now and don't want to leave her laying around because of inviting predators. So I put her in a bag and will bury her if the ground ever thaws out again.  :-\ The rest of my chickens seem to be coping well. I am still getting eggs daily. I turn their light on during the day, mainly because they have been locked in their shed for so long and we have 4 layers of plastic over their window. ??? So they are not getting extra light. The sun is up when I turn it on and just going down when I turn it off.  ;D The snow is too deep to let them out. They are more than ready for spring.  8)

Not much to do today. I may be weird, but I am not a fan of the Olympics. So I have just been turning the tv off if there is nothing I want to watch on the other stations. I put some music on and read or crochet or quilt. Time passes pretty quickly this way.  ;D

We have been feeding the wild birds this winter. We both have really enjoyed seeing all the different kinds at the feeder. We have a pair of cardinals that are just beautiful! I have to fill the feeder daily, but with the harsh winter we have had, not sure what the poor critters would have done for food. I also try to put out water for a bit, but it freezes pretty quick.

Norma, hope you and Ollie can find something to watch.  ;)

Everyone have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:22:55 AM »
Good morning  :)

I just put some banana bread in the oven and decided to do some online reading while it cooks.  I have showered and still need to do my hair and make up pretty soon too. 

Busy Tuesday, as usual.  School with the boys, housework, Trev swims today, Brandon has jujitsu, Trev has youth group at church and I have quilt group this evening.  I need to cut 2 more panels today and then I will be ready to sew at group tonight. 

Thinking of something to do for my hubs for Valentines day.  Not sure what to do.  We are going to breakfast on Saturday at our favorite place.  He asked me to marry him on Valentines day, 16 years ago  :D

Dinner is beef stroganoff burgers and veggies of some kind.

Winona - I am sorry about your hen  :'(

Norma - enjoy your time with Ollie!