Author Topic: Monday, December 14, 2015  (Read 947 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, December 14, 2015
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:23:54 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, December 14, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:33:46 AM »
Getting ready outside for winter storm. I won't be in house much till this afternoon. Moving 1 bunch of cows 1st thing. Lots of extra chores. Not sure if kids will have school tomorrow.  Snow isn't here till this evening but some saw 3-5" others 7-10. I hope this isn't bad.  Lane had a seizure at his basketball game while they were warming up before they played. They took him by ambulance to city. He is fine now but trying to figure out why still. I think low blood sugar but still going through lots of tests.  They will call today with more appointments. So far MRI and CT are fine.  Please send prayers.  He is on seizure medicine and can't drive until he is off them.  After he has EEG we will know more.  Scary for sure.  Well heading out

JANICE

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »
Good morning!

I didn't mean to disappear last week.  I had a contract job for a film project and was working 10-12 hour days.  I came home exhausted every night but that's over now and I'm grateful for the money earned!

My house was totally neglected last week so today I will be doing as much as I can to get it back in order.  There's laundry to do, each room needs to be picked up, and there's piles of stuff that need to be sorted and organized.  I need to clean out my van.  Also the garage.  The Relief Society (my church's organization for women) hosted 3 events since Dec. 1st and my primary responsibility as a counselor in the RS presidency (there's three of us--president and two counselors) is activities.  I did have a lot of help, which I was very grateful for.  I used a lot of my own things for decor and it all got put in the garage as the van was cleaned out for the next thing.  Much of it is Christmas decor so I want to get those things sorted out and put back up.

I'm doing most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon.  I just don't have the time to run from store to store.  So today I will be finalizing my Amazon order and getting that sent off, then see what's left to buy (which is probably mostly clothes).

I've got a whole list of little things that need to be done--emails, phone calls, printing stuff, etc.  I'll do those here and there when I'm taking a break from the bigger jobs.

Major snowstorm arrived last night.  We got about 4 inches.  More snow is predicted through tomorrow.  We need snow very badly--that's our water supply for next year so I am very grateful for it!  I hope God blesses us with more through the winter.

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay warm and safe!

Glad to be back!   :D

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »
That is so scary with Lane, Janice!  Praying that they figure out what is wrong and get it straightened out VERY soon. {HUGS}

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
Good Afternoon Ladies! (late afternoon!!)

I have been a busy bee here doing laundry between wrapping presents.  I swear I made a decision to cut way back this year, but it still seems like an endless job getting things wrapped!!

So scary about Lane Janice.  My youngest has epilepsy, so I know how frightening seizures can be.  The state law here is no driving for 6 months after an episode. Believe me, that is not cool for a teenager! (Zane had to endure that just once part of his Sr year of HS). The hardest part, is that seizures are so hard to figure out and pinpoint. Hopefully it will be just a one time thing for Lane!

I have dinner partially done.  A southwest pasta salad that I threw together earlier and grilled chicken. Easy peasy!  I need to really watch myself these next few weeks.  I am a little over my goal weight for weight watchers.  I go for free as long as I am no more than 2# over my goal weight.  Right now I am more like 5#, so I am working on getting those last few off to not have to pay weekly.  I need to get a handle on it because the winter weather can really throw me into "comfort food sit on my butt mode"!!

No snow here in West Michigan yet, and it doesn't seem to look like there will be any here anytime soon.  Kinda sad about that, and kinda freaked out that my brain is thinking that way!!  We do have friends that run ski lodges and the like, so we are concerned for them as well.  We do have a snow event weekend coming in the middle of January, so I am hoping they have snow where we are going for that.  We do a ski-able feast where you either cross country ski or snowshoe to different stops for a bite to eat and drink at each stop, and then later that night a sleigh ride dinner where they take you on a sleigh ride out to a lodge for dinner.  It is so fun, but I don't know without snow!  We shall see!!  Fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Back to wrapping for me!
Janice, keep us posted on Lane.  Saying prayers!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25