Author Topic: Wednesday, November 18  (Read 700 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, November 18
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »
Good morning.

We had a lot of wind last night and now the rain is here.  Not sure what I'll get done today.  I've been trying to get Emily to finish up her school work so we can take a few days off for Thanksgiving.  Guess we will see how that goes.  Tony is off work today and tomorrow and that makes it harder to get school work done.

I'm off to drink my coffee.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, November 18
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:11 AM »
We are getting more winds today up to 50 mph. I will help ross with chores then back to print out my bookwork for tomorrow and get more office work done.  I like to have my weekends to do something with kids and not sit at desk.  Tonight is church night but they are watching movie at movie theatre.  I am declaring today my anti procrastination day.  I have a day where all the things I put off I finally get done.  Better get kids off to school.

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »
Good morning!

Posting late today because I had a busy morning!  My van engine started belching white smoke yesterday when I was finishing up my grocery shopping so it was dropped off at the shop yesterday afternoon.  So we only have one car for today and I needed it because I have several places I need to be today.  So I took  DH to work, then dropped off Alex at school then Nathan and I went to co-op preschool.  Now I'm home until 2:20 when I will go to church for an appointment with  my bishop, then home again til 5:00 when I need to go pick up my Zaycon chicken order.  At 6:30, the teens have church activities.  Somewhere in all that the van should be done and I'll go get DH and we'll go pick it up.  Luckily it was just a leaking hose, not a broken gasket, so the cost will be about $500.  Not cheap but could have been worse, and since we are trying to save for a new van, we didn't want to put too much  money in repairs.  Hope that'll keep the van going for a while longer.

So while I'm at home, I have laundry to finish and put away and house cleaning up to do.  Those are the must dos.  Then I'll check things off the ongoing to do list as I get pockets of time.

Hope you all have a good day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »
Super windy here too ladies.  Must be going around!  We are expecting a temperature drop and possibly snow this weekend.
Not a fan!

Son is flying in from SC this afternoon.  He was just here a week and a half ago for his birthday.  Unfortunately he is coming home for a funeral.  A friend of his (25 y.o.) went to bed Saturday night and passed in his sleep.  It is unclear what happened, but he wasn't a partier so it wasn't some kind of overdose or anything like that.  It has hit my son hard.  It was the 5 year anniversary of his best friend's passing in a car accident about a week ago.  I think a lot of feelings were already close to the top, and now this has pushed it over the edge for him.  If you think of it, prayers are appreciated for him and all involved.  Thanks.

I have been to my weight watchers meeting, stopped at payless and picked up a pair of cute boots I had seen there.  I was going to stop at Aldi, but just wasn't feeling it!

Ran the dishwasher, and have two loads of laundry done with one more to go.

Starting to make a plan for Christmas gifts, etc.  Feel like I'm behind the gun already, but I am working on it!

My mind is just going in a lot of directions, so I think I will take a few minutes to just meditate, and find some focus.

Hope everyone has a great day!  For those in the windiness, don't blow away!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25