Author Topic: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016  (Read 1303 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016
« on: November 16, 2016, 07:55:17 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 08:02:46 AM »
Good morning!

I decided yesterday I needed some fun so I spent the day shopping for new Christmas decorations.  I haven't bought anything new for a while and want to refresh things.  I went to several different stores and enjoyed looking at the decorations.  One store, Tai Pan Trading, had different decorated trees and it was so fun to look at them.  I really admire those who have the artistic vision to come up with a concept and then make that concept a reality.   Last night I watched a Christmas movie on Netflix--"Christmas Kiss".  It was a cute romantic comedy movie.  No bad language and no sex.  You might enjoy watching it!

I've tweaked my menu and made up my shopping list.  We are spending Thanksgiving Day with my family so I am going to cook a mini Thanksgiving dinner for my family on Sunday.  So I will get the things I need for that as well as the regular groceries.  Also need to return some stuff so that will be part of the running around.

I like to try to get my errands and shopping done on Wednesdays so that usually takes up most of my day.  If I have any time, I will work on the office. It's perpetually messy--I am thinking in the new year I really should revamp the whole thing.  I have a couple of sewing projects I'd like to work on so I need to clear the table where I usually do my sewing.

It's supposed to rain today, turning to snow overnight.  I have some red potatoes and bacon that needs to be used up so I will make red potato soup for dinner.  We'll have biscuits or breadsticks with it, and fruit. 

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
Good Afternoon ladies!

Sounds like you are getting in the Christmas spirit Merilee! Good for you!

I went to weight watchers this morning. (still trying to undo my anniversary trip damage!).
Walked 3 miles with my friend. We went on the trails, and it was a bit chilly, but really nice. Still trying to take advantage of somewhat nice days.
We lunched at Q'doba, and then I stopped at an outlet store. Didn't really find anything there, but it was fun to look.

I need to figure out what I have already picked up for Christmas presents and plan for what I still need to get.  The first step in that process would be to gather everything I have into one place so I can evaluate. I have been trying to push myself into the holiday mode, so I don't end up running out of time. The weather plays such a part in that for me.
Hoping I can start to feel it soon! Maybe I should watch a few movies too!  I know they are on constantly already.

Not too much happening in my life today. Hubby has an event he has to attend tonight, so I will do leftovers for dinner. I think I will throw a potato in the microwave and then put some sloppy joe on it with some cheese and sour cream.

I don't think I have too many obligations outside of my house until Saturday, so I should make a plan to make sure I get some things accomplished.
I found the DIY gift that I am going to make for my boys' girlfriends.  I get them a couple of gifts, and then I like to make something for them using a few couples photos. Last year I did a mod podge on canvas for them. All three girls gushed about the gift that cost about $3 each! This year I am going to try this:

http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2015/08/custom-photo-candle-holders-diy-packing-tape-transfers-michaelsmakers.html?crlt.pid=camp.FqaPmzakwEkw

Hoping they turn out ok.  Will get the supplies together this week and try to get them going right away in case I need to find a plan B!

Hope everyone has a great rest of your afternoon and evening!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »
We have a birthday today in our house! :)  Sooo....all things are being planned around that today.  Still have a few hours of school left for the day though, so will be working hard to get that finished.  Some laundry, as always, to finish and a birthday dinner to cook.  Unfortunately the last of her gifts are getting delivered later today, so they will need to be wrapped as well.  Will be skipping my workout today, since I did an intense arm and chest workout yesterday and will probably be getting sore from that.  Requested supper tonight by birthday girl is hamburgers and macaroni and cheese.  Simple!! :)

Pam, I really like that candle idea----especially the simplicity of it!  Gonna steal the idea from you and try it too! ;)  Do you know where you are planning to get the clear candles?

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 03:14:14 PM »
These are the votives I am hoping to be able to find at Michael's.

I have not been out to see if they have them yet. Fingers crossed!

http://www.michaels.com/ashland-basic-elements-glass-votive-candles/M10136302.html?dwvar_M10136302_color=White&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=4318790&utm_campaign=11846545&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-CJ-_-4318790-_-11846545&affSource=4318790_11846545#q=votives&start=1

I am hoping this project is as easy as it seems!  ;)
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25