Author Topic: Sunday, December 27th, 2015  (Read 1261 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Sunday, December 27th, 2015
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:10:04 AM »
Good morning!

I was lying in bed listening to the icy stuff falling, along with the wind which has been howling for a good 24 hours now, thinking of sleeping in, but then reality hit.  What if the power went out before I had a cup of coffee?   :o  I mean, we could eventually make some after setting up the camp stove near the open garage door and boiling water, then using the French Press, but it sounded simpler to get up and use the coffee maker.   :D

Weather is nuts.  At one point yesterday the weather map looked like a rainbow for the OK/TX/AR area...at one time, there was a blizzard warning, ice storm warning, winter storm warning, flash flood warning, tornado watch, AND tornado warning going.  We're currently in the ice storm warning area.  Waiting to see if there is church but guessing it will be cancelled.  We only live about 3 blocks from ours so it's not a big deal for us to get there, but many drive 20 miles or so.

Today, will be a cozy day of reading, figuring out meals especially if the power goes out, playing games, etc... . 

Stay warm and safe, all, especially in the path of this storm.  Cheryl, thinking of y'all with the weather today.

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Sunday, December 27th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »
Good morning.

Catherine, I agree this weather is nuts!!  I hate having to deal with tornadoes and it's terrible how many people have lost their lives and homes these past few days.  We are looking at at least one more day of this tomorrow and on top of that we're having flooding in the area.  I'm ready for peace and quiet.

Today will be a good day to throw out all the boxes and things that seem to accumulate this time of year.  Even though I am constantly decluttering around here I can always find more to get rid of.  I have made an effort to not bring anything into our home that we don't like but somehow I still have too much stuff.  Hopefully soon I'll have it the way I want.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 08:56:20 AM »
Good morning.

Catherine, I agree this weather is nuts!!  I hate having to deal with tornadoes and it's terrible how many people have lost their lives and homes these past few days.  We are looking at at least one more day of this tomorrow and on top of that we're having flooding in the area.  I'm ready for peace and quiet.

Today will be a good day to throw out all the boxes and things that seem to accumulate this time of year. Even though I am constantly decluttering around here I can always find more to get rid of.  I have made an effort to not bring anything into our home that we don't like but somehow I still have too much stuff.  Hopefully soon I'll have it the way I want.

I have the same issue...how does that happen?  Anyway, we purge, then do it again weeks or months later.  I know some of it is due to kids outgrowing clothes and toys, but even in my own stuff I almost always find a few thing to get rid of.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »
Good morning all!

Sounds like you are having some wild weather!  I am praying for everyone in the areas that are having storms.

I am having some coffee and thinking about packing a few boxes.  Trying to find my motivation but it is elusive.  I also need to clean the kitchen and do some spot cleaning on the carpet. 

Not sure what dinner will be yet... maybe I should get back to menu planning in the new year.  ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »
Erica, praying everything goes smoothly tomorrow.  Will be thinking of you!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
Erica, praying everything goes smoothly tomorrow.  Will be thinking of you!

Thank you, my friend!  I appreciate it.  :)