Author Topic: Monday, March 24, 2014  (Read 1477 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, March 24, 2014
« on: March 24, 2014, 06:42:28 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, March 24, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »
A normal day with some extras included. Outside chores take longer with calving going on.  I am trying to do some deeper cleaning and it seems like you just make a bigger mess to get it really clean ugh it will be nice later.  My tractor is warming up, it is lightly snowing again. I have dishes going in dishwasher and ready to change loads of clothes around and then out the door i will check in again when I get in

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »
Hi Janice and all who follow. I started my day in the kitchen, doing some cleaning, decluttering, and boxing up some unused stuff for donation--coffee mugs, etc. It's nice to see the countertops clean and neat.

I've got chicken in the oven to use in a couple of casserole recipes this week. I'm going to fill the slow cooker with minestrone soup in a little while and put some roll dough in the bread machine. It's cold this morning, so soup and bread sounds good for dinner.

My plans for the remainder of the day include laundry and cleaning my sewing area. I need to cull through some fabric and move it along. I'm really trying to simplify in 2014.  :)

Have a beautiful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »
Good morning,

It is cold and lightly snowing here too.  :( Will this winter ever let us go?  ??? Supposed to be cooler and lots of rain this week. I'll take rain over snow any day.  ;)

We had a very productive weekend.  ;D Kevin got most of the garden tilled. Tilling it in the fall is the way to go. It tilled up so nice. It was like working with velvet. LOL He made one large raised bed almost the length of the garden. In this bed we planted yellow, red, and white onion sets, sweet onion plants, garlic, 3 kinds of carrots, radishes, 2 kinds of beets, and 3 kinds of lettuce. I know this will be more weeding by hand, but with everything being in a raised bed, it won't be quite so bad.  :D He also got the rows made for the potatoes. I plan to cut them today and we will plant them next Saturday, weather permitting.  :) So all of our cold weather veggies are planted. We now have to wait till the weather warms up a bit more before we can plant any more.

I have the normal Monday household chores to do, then will get started cutting potatoes.  :D I think I will cook some Curried Chicken and Cauliflower today. I am going to try some greek yogurt in place of sour cream in my recipe.

I did quite a bit of hand quilting on my Scrappy 36 Patch quilt this weekend. I only have 7 blocks left to quilt. If I can do one block a night, I can get this done this week.  ;D I need to work steadily on Hayley and Colten's quilt top as well.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »
Good morning ladies!

I have been so busy but its been a good busy!  This weekend, all the boys (including my DH) were camping so I was home with not much to do so I deep cleaned our bedroom and closet, got the old Roku box set up in our room and turned it in to a lovely sanctuary AND we can watch a little Netflix in the evenings  ;)  We have lived here for a year and a half and never have had the tv in our room set up, LOL.  We don't watch much but it is nice to have the option and to have Pandora to listen to music too in there.  Yesterday, I rotated the summer clothes in to the house and brought in some t-shirts for Trevor in the next size.  He may not be to thrilled at the change in wardrobe but he'll get used to it.  He's a creature of habit  :D

I have been exercising and tomorrow is my rest day.  I can't tell you how happy I am about that, LOL.  I am SO sore! 

Better get the boys going on writing.  Have a great day everyone!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »
Good afternoon!

Homeschool co-op day for us, so I'm just getting some time to post.  We get done at 1:15, but by the time I round everyone up and we get home, it's closer to 1:45. 

Our storm shelter was installed today.  Whew!  After almost 17 years here without a convenient place to go (we could go to the school basement in the town where we used to live but have had nowhere the past 7 years), we finally have a safe place.  Just in time for storm season, too.  The concrete needs to set more before we go in it, but in a couple of days we will go down and check it out and put a few supplies down there:  water bottles, maybe a blanket or two, some snacks, and a bucket in case we are stuck awhile and need to pee.  I may store my potatoes down there, too.

I am doing the Restore workshop (started last week) so will do that shortly and take a little breather.  I go in my room in my nice little corner I set up a couple of weeks ago for that.  Comfy chair, small table, lamp, and a pretty throw.  It's my reading/writing nook.  Not that I write much, but planning, goal-setting, meal-planning, etc... .

Beautiful weather this week, though up and down still.  High of 53 for Wednesday and 83 for Thursday...crazy!

Dinner tonight is baked steak with gravy, mashed potatoes, and sauteed cabbage.

Catherine