Author Topic: Monday, September 29, 2014  (Read 788 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, September 29, 2014
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, September 29, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
I got right to paying bills and working on bookwork. We will leave around 3 for Lanes football game. We have 1 home football game and it is last one. It will probably be canceled. LOL  It is overcast and misty here. Chance of rain 80%.  So no haying here. We got silage done and combing safflower done. In fact 2 loads have already gone out. Megan was home from college so they worked and branded the new calves we got. Then we got the roof reshingled at rental. That feels so good to have done. I so want to be outside even though it is ucky but I have got to get this bookwork done. Making headway though!

Tea time.....
Janice
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:31:47 AM by wrancher »

Offline bobbie78

Re: Monday, September 29, 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
Good evening, Janice!
We had a busy weekend. We done a thorough cleaning of our house. Every nook and cranny! We have one room (which is our dogs bedroom) that we store seasonal stuff in and it desperately needed some attention. We purged and reorganized and it finally looks like a room now! Goodness, how two people can accumulate so much really makes me wonder!
I am working on bills as well. I want to finish up my christmas shopping soon. I am about finished but I really need to buy Chad a few more items.  I like to always have my shopping done sooner than later so I can spend the month of December baking treats for neighbors, family, etc. 
I opened our ads to the local grocery stores here and once again, I about fell off my chair! Regular ol 70% ground beef that I had been paying 2.50 for crept up to 2.79, then 2.99 and this week, its finally 3.49!  I just dont know what else to do. I'm making many meatless meals and when I do use meat I use it to ''season'' the dish I'm making (use less than called for).  Chad jokes that I'm going to turn to an egg! I eat a lot of egg sandwiches!  I was getting eggs at 1.50 a dozen. They are up to 1.79 a doz now which is a lot cheaper than the ground beef! But still, its eggs! lol. at least I know I am not the only one feeling the pinch!
Thanks for listening, ladies. Hope you all are having a great day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.