Author Topic: Wednesday, October 1, 2014  (Read 1093 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, October 1, 2014
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
In town running a couple errands with dh. We feed the calves and they increased. He bought more yesterday at sale. Job security alright. I will be doing bookwork when home. With any luck I can get some of my kitchen cleaned.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:04:40 AM by wrancher »

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 02:43:07 PM »
Good afternoon.

It's been a busy day around here.  We had a homeschool function this morning that ran a little long, we grabbed some lunch, then went to Walmart and Tractor Supply.  As soon as we got home, I had to fix a bottle for the kitten we rescued last week because it had been hours since he'd eaten last.

Speaking of the kitten, I guess he will end up staying because yesterday he had his first trip to the vet.  Late Sunday night he started sneezing and since he's so tiny, I thought he needed to get checked out.  We found out for sure that it's a boy and he's probably 3-4 weeks old, and has an upper respiratory infection. :(  He has a hard time taking his bottle because he can't breathe through his nose.

One of Emily's hens is acting sick.  We gave no idea what's wrong with her, and to tell the truth, I am simply worn out from chicken trouble.  Never in over 25 years of having chickens have I felt like this,  but I'm ready for things to be a little easier around here.

I'm sorry to sound so depressing but today would've been my brother's birthday.  He was killed 21 years ago during a robbery at the store where he was manager.  This happened the day after my birthday in November, 1993.  The months of October, November, and December are especially hard on us.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 03:23:57 PM »
Aw, Cheryl, so sorry to hear about the sick kitten and hen, and most especially that this is a sad anniversary for you.  Just said a little prayer for you.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »
So sorry Cheryl.  Will be thinking of you, friend.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:33 PM »
Praying for you, Cheryl!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.