Author Topic: Thursdays June 23  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Alana

Thursdays June 23
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:57:49 AM »
Good Morning  :)
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Alana

Re: Thursdays June 23
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:02:41 AM »
Good morning everyone  :D

Beautiful day here today!!!

I have a daycare interview today for a new little boy, praying that they are a good fit!  I have three of my little girls leaving at the end of the month to start school. That is a huge chunk of our income leaving all at once and daycare has been very slow lately  :-\

I am concentrating on tidying up the house for tonight's interview. I need to organize and clean the playroom and do a quick vacuum. I also have a pile of laundry needing my attention  :o

Dinner tonight is pancakes and fruit salad....quick and easy!

Have a great day!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 06:38:04 AM »
Good Morning!

The big storms passed us by last night but did do some damage in Illinois.  I do not like storms but we missed the rain that we need badly. Looks like we might get some today. I watered my lawn last night and my little "garden". My "garden" is just a red lava rock area that has stepping stone path throughout it (so hard to walk on lava rock!) and on all sides of the "path" is my potted plant garden. I have chives, onions, tomatoes, rosemary, basil, carrots, green beans, and hot peppers in my pots. I didn't buy and flowers this year due to a tight budget but I was gifted two flowers for a hanging basket and I had a day lily in a pot in the barn that multiplied over the winter. So my "garden" is lovely but it needs some rain.

Meals are still difficult for me to get ready because I have little motivation due to it being so warm, I have so little to work with that whatever I make takes more time because we don't use prepackaged anything. Last night we had BBQ's on buns which was easy but we've eaten it all and the fridge is getting empty. I pulled frozen pork from the freezer so maybe grilled pork as that is pretty easy to do.

I cleaned my house top to bottom on Monday when I took the day off. All the bedding washed and dried on the clothesline, vacuumed everything and I cleaned my stove. I have a self cleaning oven but I really don't want to use that function in the middle of summer. The glass was dirty and I could NOT get the spots off. I ended up using a razor blade after getting the glass wet and it scraped off beautifully.  I clean the inside regularly so there are no big spills there. The outside needed a good cleaning so that got done.

I've got some big bills to pay this weekend. I knew they were coming and I have a plan of when the check gets written, when paychecks come in and how to best pay them all without feeling like we've been hit too hard!

That's it on my end. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 07:17:56 AM »
Good morning, Alice and everyone.

I got up early to try to beat the heat while getting some work done.  I started laundry before daylight and now have 3 loads on the line.  I have reorganized the small freezer.  I use it mainly for storing vegetables, so I didn't find any surprises on meat I might've put back and forgotten.

I went out to the garden and snipped enough dill to fill my dehydrator.  I also picked about a dozen banana peppers.  Not sure what I want to do with them yet.

Today will be an at home day.  I hope I have the energy to mark some things off my to-do list.  This heat and humidity just drain me, so we'll see what I actually accomplish.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »
Good morning!

Its an at home day for me until later this evening. I am working on laundry and zucchini muffins just came out of the oven.  I need to run the circle hoe through the garden paths today and get a few weeds that are growing. 

My garden is growing well.  Getting a lot of zucchini and yellow squash and also getting some snap peas and some carrots. Tomatillos have a lot of flowers and tomatoes are starting and setting.  Everything else is growing well too.. peppers, green beans, corn, cucumbers..  I think I may have over-planted, lol.  Watermelon plants are growing like crazy with lots of flowers.  It could be a good watermelon year, which is good.  Its my favorite!

Tonight, we have life group from church.  We're meeting at the lake for food, boating and tubing.  Its should be fun.

Cheryl - I absolutely LOVE dill.  May have to plant some next year.
Alana - Hope the interview goes well!
Alice - too hot to cook.. I hear ya!

Happy Thursday!