Author Topic: Monday June 27th  (Read 943 times)

Offline Alana

Monday June 27th
« on: June 27, 2016, 05:34:06 AM »
Good morning  :)
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Alana

Re: Monday June 27th
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 05:45:28 AM »
Hello everyone!

Windy and rainy here today. The weekend was crazy hot so I am enjoying the break in the humidity 8)

Our weekend was busy, I feel like all we did was run around.. :-\. Vet appointments, cheer demo, soccer game, groceries...I find the downside of working firm home is that I never have time to run my errands so I spend all weekend catching up. I wish I could find another way. But I can't fit all of my daycare kids into my vehicle. I always plan to have a nice relaxing weekend but somehow that doesn't happen  :-\

I need to do some tidying today, kitchen, bathrooms, vacuuming. I also need to do my meal plans for the week.

I have no idea what dinner will be tonight!  I am off to check my freezer!

Have a great day everyone!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »
morning ~

Alana - sounds like you got a lot done this weekend, it's so hard trying to fit everything in all the time!

It's very hot and humid here today and I have a lot to at home before I start my new job tomorrow.  Speed clean the house is my first priority.  I need to deep clean our room.  I have a ton of laundry to put away and the messiness of my bedroom is messing with my mojo!

I also want to finish up all the laundry in the house, menu plan for the week, make up a weekly schedule for the week, make up a chore schedule and a chore list for my daughter.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 06:15:27 AM »
Good morning!

Add me to the hot and humid list.  Though the storm front that moved through last night is supposed to keep our high down to about 95 today.  Not low enough, but it's something.

This is my parents' last day in town, so I'm taking my dad hiking again this morning to beat the heat.  The boys are going with us.  Micah flies out tomorrow with my parents to spend about 3 weeks in Florida. 

Dinner tonight is salmon and fresh veggies from the garden.  Maybe a salad if I get to the store to buy the greens.  Too hot here so the lettuce has all bolted already.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »
Add West Michigan to hot and humid! We had a morning downpour yesterday but it didn't last very long. Our lawns are dry and brown and the rain was nice but probably not enough to revive the lawns.  I found that the rain brought on some more humidity yesterday. We have turned on our AC again since it was just too uncomfortable in the house without it.

Alana, I work full time outside the home and I have to use my weekends also to catch up on everything that didn't get done in the house during the week. My Saturdays are so full and I don't do any running on Sundays as that is our day of worship and relaxation. Sure, there are weeknights also but trying to get dinner on the table and general cleanup prohibits me from doing the bigger stuff that weekends are for.

Dinner tonight has something to do with the grilled chicken from yesterday. I don't know what I did wrong but it came out tough. It was marinated overnight (garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley) and grilled only just so it was barely done and I could hardly cut through it and we chewed and chewed and still tough. Maybe I have one of the kids put it in the crockpot with some broth for the rest of the day and see what happens to it tonight.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »
Good morning!

I don't think I posted at all last week.  I was kind of in a funk last week but I hope I'm over that.

Steven was traveling for work from Thursday to Sunday.  Thursday evening my teenagers and I went to see a play in a town about 2 hours away.  It was held outside and started at 9:30 and ended at 11.  We came right home so we got home about 2 am.  I had arranged for my younger two to stay with their grandparents overnight so I didn't even set my alarm.  I woke up at 10:30 Friday morning and felt OK but was just really "off" for the rest of the day.  Friday evening we had a church event which was fun.  The funk continued on Saturday but Saturday night we did go see the fireworks for our city's summer celebration.  I had a nice Sunday (made better because Steven came home!) and got a good night's sleep so I hope I'm over the funk.

It's going to be hot this week.  90s all week.  We're not in a heat wave so the nights and mornings are delightfully cool.  Evenings cool down to 80s, which is nice.  When we're in a heat wave, it's hot all the time.

Right now I'm watering the lawn.  Later I will mow.  I've also got laundry to do and house pickup.  Those are the must dos and I'll work on other little jobs as I get pockets of time.

I'm meeting a friend at 10 to drive her home after she drops her car off for repairs.  I'll take her back later to pick it up.  I've got to pick up Jordan from football at noon.  And this afternoon all 4 kids have dentist appointments.

Dinner tonight is grilled pork chops, rice-a-roni, green salad and fruit.

Merilee

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »
Good morning! (what's left of it)

I won't admit on here how late I slept in today but lets just say that I just finished my breakfast and leave it at that.  ;)

My youngest is at Scout camp this week and the oldest just left for the church to work on some things for the junior high youth group.  He volunteers with the jr high, he's in senior high leadership and leads worship for them, is on the worship team for the main church once or twice a month and is the worship intern so he is just about always at church.  Can't think of better places for my boys to be this week but that leaves me with the yard work that absolutely needs to be done today. Its going to be about 105* so it should be a hot and sticky job.

Heading out to mow the lawn so that I can get the clippings in the green waste container for trash day tomorrow.  Going to weed the garden and then Brandon will weed whack the back yard later today when he gets home. 

Planned on going to the gym but I'm not sure.  We'll see how I feel when the yard is all done. 

Not sure what dinner is tonight.. guess I should menu plan too.

Happy Monday!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
Good afternoon

I am finally gonna take time and post. I have been reading whenever I get a chance.  Just back from picking the beef we had butchered. I got 75 lbs of canning meat to can. But it is frozen. ugh I had 2 canners ready and jars washed but will have to wait till it defrosts. I got almost all of it made into hamburger patties but some is in 2lb packages.  I also had 50 lbs of beef salami made but it is the size of lunchmeat for sandwiches. Anixous to try it as this is our first time getting it.   So doing some major cleaning around here.  Just really trying to stay on top of dishes and laundry and what ever else I can get done. Everything is so dry around here. We need rain. We will be harvesting wheat in about 10days or so.  That is whenever the combiners show up.  The flies are terrible because of the heat and dry. About ready to drive me nuts. We have Ashley planting a sourghum grain and Ross and kids are putting in some new fence. It is gonna look so nice.  And the bonus of keeping cows in. Ha We will have to make a run to the city this week to get the side by side that was worked on. I am sure Lanes pickup will take a while to get done as it is up there getting a new transmission. Sounds expensive.  Allison has volleyball camp the next 2 days. I hope to go in and visit my Aunt who is at my moms this evening.  I don't think enough meat will be thawed out to can.  I am off to tackle this desk.  With any luck I am gonna force myself to file papers soon. 

Janice