Author Topic: Thursday, July 10  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, July 10
« on: July 10, 2014, 06:19:59 AM »
Good morning.

Not much planned for today.  My garden is already drying up.  I have a few tomatoes to be picked, so I'll get that done sometime soon.  I'll probably peel and quarter them to freeze until I have enough to make another batch of spaghetti sauce.

One of our cats went missing Tuesday night.  I'm thinking maybe a coyote got him but I really hope not.  He's been neutered so he didn't really wander around too much and he was always waiting on me early in the morning to go feed chickens.  He's my outside buddy and I am missing him so much. :'(

This afternoon I'll take Emily to the free movie at the library.  They do this each week during the summer.  Today's movie is Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.  We haven't seen it so it'll be nice to go do that.  Other than that, I don't really have any plans.

Hope everyone has a great day!  I miss reading about your days and hopefully people will start posting again soon.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, July 10
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:05:13 AM »
Good morning Cheryl and all

Well now the baler broke down, the baler we rented never worked, so we are buying a new baler.  We need to get this haying done!  Problem is the baler we are getting is missing the monitor.  Ugh. We will find out here soon. 

We finally are getting pool set up. We never did get Ross to level sand so we set it up on our cement walk out by basement.  We need to finish set up like the pump and start filling more water. 

So today before camp. I am going to go check cows and put out salt and mineral. Alibis one needs leave by 9:30-12. Lane is 3:15-5:15 ugh we live out of town 16 miles so you can see how the miles add up. 

I need to get housework caught up and clean up camper.  Need to figure out supper next

My mother just called and my aunt passed away.  She had falling through night and had bleeding on brain. I am not glad she died but glad she won't have to suffer.  The bad thing is my mom will leave for the mayo for tests like a physical on Monday for appointments that week and that is probably the funeral. 

Janice

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »
Janice - I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt.

Cheryl - I'm sorry to hear about your cat.  I hope he turns up and is just fine.

I've got a dental appt looming over my head today.  It's just a cleaning, but I still hate going.  It disrupts my whole day.  I made a lot of progress on cleaning and organizing yesterday.  I found a pile of stuff I want to donate and found a bunch of papers I can recycle and get out of the house.  It's so freeing!  Anyway, I hope to continue today and get more done.  The kids are still covered in spots, but they seem to be starting to disappear, so I'm grateful for that.  Liam's fever finally broke, which is also a blessing.  He gets febrile seizures and he stops breathing when he gets them, so it's always stressful when he's sick.

Dinner tonight will be leftover chicken and veggies and I'm not sure what else, maybe rice...
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
Evening, ladies. Janice, I'm sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. Cheryl, hope your cat comes back! This evening I noticed a stray cat that has been hanging around here was whimpering. We noticed a while back she is pregnant.  So we've basically adopted her as an outdoor pet. Anyways, she was whimpering and I began to pet her. She didnt want me to touch her. Right at that moment, she sat down and I left her alone. I turned my head and when I turned back around she had just had a kitten! I sat out there with her for a while and she was doing fine so I came back in for a bit.  When I went back out she had a total of 4. I'm getting ready to go back out and check again before bed. She is a beautiful calico cat so we've named her "cali".
I took it easy today. Yesterday I cleaned the house pretty well.  I deep cleaned the bedroom, got the laundry caught up, done the usual in the kitchen and living room. I cleaned both bathrooms extremely well. It felt really nice to sit in a really clean home last night and today.
Chad is considering going fishing in the morning. We like to night fish but we're both kind of spooked to go. There are still 2 missing women in our county.  We have panhandlers here so badly that its difficult to even go to the gas station or walk into the grocery store. A few months back a young punk punched an elderly woman in the face knocking her to the ground and he grabbed her purse and fled. He was not caught.  At least one person a week is overdosing on heroin here in our little community. It's a scary world we live in. But I miss my community the way it was when I was growing up.  My friend took her little girl to the local park and she stepped on a used heroin needle. It went thru her flip flop. She has to go through testing every so often to make sure shes ok and hasnt contracted any diseases. How horrible is that?!? I dont mean to complain to bring any body down but I worry about my elders (my parents, in laws, etc). It isnt safe for anybody. My parents live in town and while my dad says they're fine, I still worry! The neighbor who lives 2 doors down from them was arrested for kidnapping his ex pregnant girlfriend and beating her for 3 days while on a drinking binge!  Is stuff like this going on in your neck of the woods?!? It really frightens me.
Well, Im off to check on cali and get to bed. Its after 2 am here! Night, everyone!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »
Bobbie, That is pretty awful.  Unless I'm naive to what's going on, our area is pretty safe.  The city north of us has some pan handlers, but not too much down this way. 
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)