Author Topic: Wed. May 21st  (Read 887 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Wed. May 21st
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »
Good afternoon,

It has been another busy day for us. Kevin tilled around the tomatoes and between the rows of beans that are up. I walked around pulling any big weeds I saw. He also planted 4 cups of pinto beans. No idea is these will come up, but what do we have to lose?  :)

I got the incubator cleaned up and ready to go again. I will probably set some more eggs tonight. Our brooder house is an 8'X8' building with a concrete floor. Attached to it is a 20'X8' shed. Our plan is to build an outside run on to the larger part. In about 3 weeks, we would move the current babies over to this section. I have 63 total baby chicks in the brooder. About 15 of these will be kept for my layers and rest will go in the freezer.

We have an old shed that Isaiah and I built many years ago. We dug post holes and set poles. It is 6'X8'. The poles are still sturdy, but the roof is gone and the front is history. Sides and back still look pretty good. I am going to have Kevin check this out this weekend. If he thinks it is worth it, I want to buy the 2X4s to make a new roof and box in the front of it. I would put a door in it and a long window with hardware cloth over it. I could use this for my duck house. We have the tin for the roof. We could build a pen around it till they are bigger. I sure hope Kevin thinks this is worth it. It is in the ideal location for my duckies.  :D

It is very humid here today, so I will be staying in the house except to check on my babies and do my chores tonight. Oh, I have baby rabbits due next week. Really getting excited.  :D

You all have a great day. I am staying off of Facebook for a while. I was just on it too much. I will go back, but not for a week or two. So if you need to get me, either message me here or send me an email. OK Teresa? LOL

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline calicogirl

• Buddy
Re: Wed. May 21st
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Lol, will do, Winona. Love ya.