Author Topic: Monday, May 26, 2014  (Read 1150 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, May 26, 2014
« on: May 26, 2014, 06:17:45 AM »
Good ?Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, May 26, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:33:43 AM »
Not really a memorial vacation like all my friends who are camping but what we are doing has to be done.  Ross left to get corn seed as the people we hire to plant corn come today.  Then he will get fertilizer in town then he will go get safflower seed.  Megan will go get fuel tank and fill tractor , fence and finish up some projects. The others all came home last night at 11 after helping a neighbor brand 2 hrs away and the got rained on waited awhile and then branded .  Letting them rest up and then go fencing. Tomorrow more cows out to summer pasture.  I need to go around cows, work on yard and with any luck weld my tiller so I can get garden in. My house needs major attention.  I will start laundry then head to cows.  I think we will have chicken for lunch and ham for supper.  I could take the ham and make sandwiches later.  I need my frdige cleaned out and make up some snack food. I have been boiling eggs Nd we just grab on and crack it as we want it. With more people around we are going through the food.  Well my list isn't getting any shorter. I need to find out if the lady I had lined up to work funeral tonight can make it or I need to. In our church I am the tribe leader for this year so lining up people to do funerals with workers or food and nursing home entertainment or whatever comes our way. We put out memorial flowers yesterday afternoon.i put a planter on my fils grave so will get tomorrow or the next day

Enjoy your Memorial Day
Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:40:50 AM »
Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all our veterans!

Hi Janice! Sounds like another busy day for you--hope it's a good one!

We have been busy in the yard. DH has been the muscle, and I've been the planner.  ;) He fixed up my front flower bed and put brick around it, and we planted hostas and lilies. It looks great. He also trimmed some bushes, so the yard looks really nice for almost no $$ just his and DS's efforts.  :)

Today is a few errands (girls need their makeup  ;D ) and hopefully relax a bit. Dinner tonight is chicken pot pie, salad, and jello.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
Good afternoon,

I have been on the run every day since Friday. I am ready to sit home for a bit. Today is mom's birthday so I spent the morning with her. She asked me if I about had Hayley's quilt done. LOL I only have half the blocks sewn together. So guess what I am doing this afternoon. I am sewing blocks together.  :D This week, I will spend my mornings in the garden or working on a pen for my ducks. Then the afternoons will be devoted to housework and sewing. If I can get the top together by the end of this month, I will have 2 1/2 months to get the quilting done. Really considering doing some straight line machine quilting on it. Not sure, though, since I really prefer hand quilting.  :-\

We grilled burgers and hot dogs yesterday, so we are just eating those whenever one of us gets hungry. My chicks are doing great. Haven't lost any yet. Hope I don't. Not sure when I will get my ducks. Still haven't received a confirmation. My Penny bunny is due Wednesday. Then Copper should be due Friday or Saturday. I already have the nest box in with Penny and will put one in with Copper tomorrow. The garden is looking wonderful. Once it dries out again, I will need to start over with the weeding. Well, I guess I'd better get to sewing. You all have a wonderful day.

Thank you to any Veterans out there.

'Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie