Author Topic: Wednesday, May 28, 2014  (Read 989 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, May 28, 2014
« on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:11 AM »
Good morning

We'll today is finishing jobs I didn't get done yesterday.  I have to get my garden in some how. I need to try to fix tiller handle so I can get this job finished.  I have the strawberries and raspberries to plant still. I need to help Ashley fix chicken coop to move chicks in different spot.  There are some holes we will fill with cement.  Right now we don't have strong water pressure so heading to check tanks

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Wednesday, May 28, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I just came in from the garden. I have the sweet potatoes, garlic, and carrots weeded. I weeded the beans yesterday. I noticed I have some cucumbers and melons coming up. The tomatoes are finally looking good. I planted them at the regular time, but then we had a couple of really cold nights on the 16the and 17th. At least we didn't get any frost. The tomatoes looked kind of scraggly after the cold nights, but the sunshine has them bouncing back.  :D I plan to set my alarm for 6 in the morning. It is getting too hot to be out in the garden after 9 right now.
   I heard from Cackle Hatchery yesterday. They are sending my ducklings out on June 2, so I should get them by next Tuesday or Wednesday. I need to spend a day getting their area all ready. The chicks are all doing great. I haven't lost any so far. My rabbit, Penny is supposed to be due today, but nothing so far. Copper is due on Saturday. I have the nest boxes in with them. Also have some frozen water bottles for this afternoon. I just checked on them and they are still comfortable. A nice breeze helps. ;)
   I picked some spinach and lettuce and pulled radishes and turnips out of the garden this morning. I have the lettuce and spinach chilling for a big salad here in a bit.  ;D The spinach is about gone. The peas are drying up before they ever put any pods on. No point in plant either one of these in the spring. We might try fall planting and see what we get.
   I have one more round left to sew on 27 blocks to have all of the blocks done for Hayley and Colten's quilt. I hope to have the top made into a flimsy by the end of the week and start quilting on it next week. I need to quilt 7 blocks a week in order to have it done by August. I guess you know what my evenings will be made up of this summer. LOL Good thing we have the ac going.  :)
   Funny thing about that ac. I put up with several really hot days, but did not give in and ask for the ac. Kevin had a 4 day weekend off. By Saturday, he was hooking the ac up. LOL I guess I am tougher!  :P
  You all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie