Author Topic: Tuesday, March 17, 2015  (Read 1364 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, March 17, 2015
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:18:38 AM »
Happy St Patrick's Day

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Tuesday, March 17, 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:25:11 AM »
Good morning to you, Janice, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »
I actually forgot about St Patrick's day. Not to big a deal on ranch. we were supposed to have snow this morning but I think it was warmer at 1AM when I checked heifers than it was all day yesterday.  We had extreme winds yesterday afternoon. Today is supposed to be cooler with chances of rain/snow but I don't think we will get much if any as much as we need it even though we are calving you got to have moisture.  Today at the office it involves checking baby calves, feeding cows, chickens and then housework.  I think I will have Allison help me set up the area where we house baby chicks. I will call up my order today.  I Have a lot phone calls to make unfortunately as it is so time consuming.  I better get going finally getting some daylight better go see if we have some new baby calves.

Coffee time on the go. 
Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »
Good mornin' Catherine and all! ;D

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 07:35:33 AM »
Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is laundry again and preparing St. Pat's food.  Also have an appointment to visit a lady from church and I need to go grocery shopping.  I decided to wait til today to get the St. Pat's food so the fruit wouldn't spoil. 

I'll work on my "little jobs" list as I get pockets of time here and there.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Hi friends!

The beautiful weather has come and gone and we are back down in the 50's today. :P  At least the sun is still shining.  Where is everyone today?  Guess you all still have the nice weather.  Please send it back my way because we really enjoyed it the last couple of days.  Oh well, a taste of spring and now back to reality. ;)

Been a busy day today.  Just at home but lots to get done.  Seems I am always running behind.  Kids are finishing the last bit of school for the day.  So that is done.  4 loads of laundry down, but really need to do 4 more to make a difference.  I am thinking of naming my laundry pile "Mount It Never Gets Smaller." :)  Got a weeks worth of hubby's office clothes ironed and hung up.  Also, got my Azure order finalized just in the knick of time, 4 hours before cutoff.  That was cutting it close.  Still for today, have to wrap some birthday gifts for tomorrow.  My sweet floppy-haired Jake-Jake is turning 9! :)   Also need to get his cake baked and in the fridge so I can ice it tomorrow and need to put the roasts in the fridge to defrost for his birthday meal. Was going to have a more kid-friendly meal like baked spaghetti or pizza, but we ran out of most of those ingredients.  He asked for roast and carrots anyway, so that worked out.  Still need to figure out dinner for tonight.  I am thinking sandwiches for kids and leftover chicken and soup for us.  Good enough. :)
If I am not too tired, I really need to start on the kale freezing, but not so much of a hurry since it cooled off today.

Janice, we don't bother with St. Patrick's day either.  Didn't know you had lots of chickens on your ranch as well?

Have a good day all,
Lindsay