Author Topic: Thrusday, December 5, 2013  (Read 2740 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, December 5, 2013
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »
Good Morning

Well the storm is dieing down but the cold is to be intense.-20 wind chill factors. ugh Waiting to hear if they will cancel DD game that is about 2 hrs away. On the agenda for today is straighten house, wash floors and bookwork (lots of bookwork).  I need to organize a few things for shower and presents. I keep trying to order a few Christms presents here and there. It is taking longer for things to ship. I will run kids in and run a few errands then home to help DH with chores before it is back to a warm house.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
Re: Thrusday, December 5, 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:36:37 AM »
Good morning Janice. I am shivering just reading your post.  It is a balmy 46F here, drizzly and damp. I am going to bake a fruitcake this morning.  I haven't done that in years.  Also lots of laundry and I need to get busy with gift wrapping and Christmas cards.  I can't believe it is the 5th already. Christmas will be here before we know it. 

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:35:15 AM »
Good morning!

Whew, Janice, that's cold!  You should hear all the whining on fb this morning from local people about  how cold it is, lol.  And it's only in the 20's so far, though the wind is something else.  I want to tell them all to remember how bad the fleas and ticks are when we don't have a good freeze....still may.  And we are supposed to get down to 4 on Monday which will be interesting.

The "wintry mix" is getting a late start.  Now it's supposed to start early this afternoon, then change to snow and snow all night (90% chance).  Hoping for loads of snow (6" is loads around here, lol).  :)

I am staying home today, yay!   Yesterday was filled with 2 appointments and various errands.  Hoping to make some sourdough bread, rolls for dinner, a batch of THM cranberry wassail, and maybe some coconut flour chocolate chip cookies.  And my house needs sweeping.  I usually do that every day but didn't get to it yesterday so there is lots of fur to get up.  Hoping to come up with a Christmas gift idea for my mom online today to get that done.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 09:04:20 AM »
It is cold here today too! I think we had 10* when I got up, but that wind is making it feel more like about 0*. Ok, I am done with winter. Can we go back to 75* please. LOL We were watching Christmas movies last night when I heard something on the roof. No, not Santa, sleet.  :o It kind of sounded like hail hitting our tin roof for a while. LOL Didn't do it for long, thankfully. We sure have enjoyed our Christmas movies this year. So far we have watched all 3 of the Santa Claus movies, 2 of the Home Alone, and the Griswold's Christmas. Still have lots more to watch. Then we can just start over. LOL I love this time of the year.

If the weather holds, Kevin will go pick up his check after 9 tonight. Then if it still holds, I will be getting groceries and doing laundry tomorrow. I worked on the ear warmers last night and have about half of them done. I have the girl's drawstring backpacks done. Just need to finish all that and get the pillow cases done. I might dig out some candy recipes today since I will probably get groceries tomorrow.

You all have a good day. Please stay safe in the nasty and frigid weather.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
Good morning, everyone!

Ooh, Janice, I don't see how you stand it.  I'm such a sissy when it comes to cold weather.   :D  It's very warm and humid here today, supposed to be near 80 degrees.  I wish it would stay this way year-round!

I haven't been on the board much this week.  My husband has been off work every day due to the weather and his hours being cut.  I'm trying not to stress about the finances but it's hard to think of anything else sometimes.

I have my usual house straightening to do, I need to sweep and I'd like to get the Christmas tree decorated today.  We have it up, but nothing on it yet.  I was kind of waiting to see how the cats would act around it.  So far, so good.

Supper tonight is pork ribs in the crockpot, along with deviled eggs and potato salad.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »
I wish I didnt have to stand the extreme cold tempertatures. We also get the extreme hot temps. I just live in a bad part for temps  but for the most part I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. When I drove the kids to school this morning it was -8 with -22 wind chill. That was after it warmed up! Ha! whats that song "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!"

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
I am not trying to complain by the way. It is just what people talk about around here. THE WEATHER Only other thing to talk about is my to do lists and they are just boring...

Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »
Took Trent to Dr this morning for a bad cough she said it was the start of bronchitis while there the surgeons office called to reschedule his surgery for next Thursday bc of the weather. We have a lot of sleet right now and the county emergency people are saying it is very likely that we will loose power. I have laundry almost don't and turkey and noodles and chili cooking so they will be easy to warm up on camp stove if we do loose power, if power is on we will have biscuits and gravy with eggs tonight. Stay warm and safe everybody.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »
I am not trying to complain by the way. It is just what people talk about around here. THE WEATHER Only other thing to talk about is my to do lists and they are just boring...

Janice

I didn't think you were complaining, though with those temps you deserve some complaints now and then.  ;)  I can't imagine living in that regularly for months...guess I've been in Oklahoma too long, though even Ohio was nothing like where you are.  I like when we get winter (had put weather) storms here, though, as long as the power stays on, lol.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:26:31 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:12 PM »
Norma,  Bless you heart...when it rains, it pours, huh?  I am so sorry that Trent is having such a rough time lately.  Praying for him with all his medical issues and also for your family during this storm.

Janice,  Yeah...I agree with Cheryl.  I don't like the extreme cold either.  Now give me 95* with 98* humidity and I can breeze right through it but don't give me the low temps and even lower wind chills.  :(

Cheryl,  I'm sorry that y'all are having such a hard time right now with finances.  It seems like it's happening everywhere.  Praying that we all see a good turn around in 2014. 

Catherine,  That cranberry wassail sounds really good.  Good luck with the bad weather heading your way. 

Winona,  Yea!! on the crafting.  You go girl.   :D  What kind of candy are you making? 

This morning was rough but this afternoon is much better.  Holden was a pistol this morning.  If he wasn't dumping stuff out, he was knocking it over.  It was a constant popping hands, popping his tail and doing time outs.  He is one of those stubborn 2 year olds that will look you square in the eye and do it while you're telling him "no".  Ugh....he's a lot like his Daddy  :P  2 year olds are soooo cute and funny but they're also exasperating.  It didn't help that he was an hour late getting down for his nap.  Lainey got out of school at 11:30 this morning so I had to keep both boys awake so we could go get her.  That threw this whole morning off. 

But moving on...this afternoon has been much better.  We are watching Mickey Mouse's Once Upon a Christmas and eating peanut butter crackers. 

I really don't have any plans for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  My knee is swelling so I'm taking it easy in the recliner.  I am planning on having turkey alfredo for supper tonight. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »
Good afternoon!
It has been near 70 here in southern ohio for the last two days. Tomorrow we have a winter storm coming and really cold temps. I prefer the colder temps and the snow. NO ICE because of power outages. But Janice, it is tooo cold in your neck of the woods!

I had awful indigestion last night. I was up til 3 am. So today I am dragging. I need to straighten up yet and in a few hours get dinner on. I think we are going to have omelets. Chad is at the grocery right now picking up some items in case we lose power tomorrow. He called and said the stores are packed!

Have a good day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »
Thanks Beth, it is pouring or in todays case sleeting lol.
Hope you get to rest your knee and it gets feeling better I have a lot of days like yours my 3 yr old name is Awnry Ollie, your such a good momma and grandma.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.