Author Topic: Monday Dec. 5, 2016  (Read 906 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday Dec. 5, 2016
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday Dec. 5, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »
Well, here we are -- TWENTY days away! Less than 3 weeks! How are you all doing with your Christmas to-do lists?

Today is wrapping day for me. No, really, I AM going to wrap gifts today!  ;D
The weekend was so full for us, and I know I have said I was going to wrap gifts before, but today I am committed! (or maybe I should be committed!) 

Sometimes I think I should post at the end of the day with what I actually did, instead of what "I'm gonna" do!

We had a nice weekend up north. Ended up we went Friday morning and came home Saturday night. I appreciated that, because that gave us Sunday to just relax and rejuvenate. We haven't had many days like that together in a long time.  We decorated our tree finally, so that is done. We went with quite a few less ornaments than normal. Seems kind of nice to have it a little less. 

So, here it is going on noon - o'clock, and I need to get a move on. Other son's car is in the shop (hopefully just for today), so hubby has my car and son has hubby's. Glad we have the spare vehicle to be able to cover when one is down. I don't need to go anywhere today, so all is good. 

I slept in a little bit this morning, so I am getting a late start. Getting on the wrapping, and will create a list of what I have, and what I still need to pick up so I can get a handle on the Holidays! Trying to stay calm and relaxed. Don't enjoy panic!

Hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend, and are off to a good week.
We got a bit of snow yesterday, but it looks like it could melt quite a bit today. I'm not a big fan of the snow and cold, so if it is gone the next time I look outside, all good to me! I do think we are in for quite a bit this season from what I've heard.  :P

Take care, and fill us in on how you are doing and what you are up to!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Winter came for us on Sunday--5 inches of white stuff and the heavy stuff. Not happy about that at all. Had to shovel the driveway this morning before work but I guess the exercise will do me good.

Pam--I am so in love with your hubby's next adventure. I need to be kept informed of the result 'cause I've been looking for a while too!

I have put up the tree and village and Catzilla won't leave it alone (our big beautiful nearly white cat that LOVES to sit right in the middle of tree and village. I found a lot of decorations in boxes that I might want to try to spruce up. Can I use the regular lights on my front door between the glass door and the heavy door? It's dry but cold and I want to put a couple of small wreaths on an over the door hook with lights on them. Can I shut and lock the heavy door with the extension cord just squeezed in the door? That would be the only source of electric. I've NEVER put stuff out like this so I'm clueless.

I've been having so much trouble sleeping and I just don't get it. I used to be the kind that when my head hit the pillow I would be asleep in about 2 minutes. Now I wake up at strange hours and I never can fall back asleep. The cat decided to meow us awake Sat. morning at 6:30 am (she always knows what time we should get up but we forgot to tell her it would be a Saturday so no need to wake us). Sat. to Sun. I slept just fine. I did wake up once and fell right back to sleep. Sun. to Mon. the cat starting barfing and woke us up at 3 am. I fell into a restless sleep afterward but the alarm had me up at 6 so sleep was very interrupted.

I will admit that I have a million things on my mind and many of them are difficult situations. I know I can't control a single one of them and yet I think about them constantly. As I think about them I pray about them during my wakeful times.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
Good afternoon!

It's a cold day out there and we had snow flurries this morning.  Enough to cover the ground but not enough to shovel.  Most of it's gone by now but it was a nice sight while it lasted! :)

Our weekend was fun and busy.  Friday night was our church's Christmas party.  Then on Saturday, my third child was baptized.  In the LDS church, we baptize children at age 8.  It was a big deal and a great day.  Then yesterday was church.  In our women's class, we had a lesson on keeping Christ in Christmas.  Last night was our First Presidency's (overall leaders of the LDS church) Christmas devotional.  It's a fireside of Christmas talks and music.  We ended our day with homemade hot chocolate and cookies.

Today I'm doing laundry, gathering stuff for DI and generally cleaning up the house.  I'm waiting for a package to be delivered with my first Christmas presents.  Tonight we'll sit down (probably not all together at the same time, haha) and figure out each family member's wish lists, as well as what they're going to give.  I'm going to do online shopping as much as possible this year.  Gotta make that Prime membership worth it. :)  I've also got to finish my December menu and get this week's meat out of the freezer.   There's also a few bills to pay and the checkbook to balance. 

Today's #LightTheWorld activity:  Jesus healed the sick and so can we.  Well, we can't actually make them better (as in cure cancer or whatever) but we can donate blood, visit a homebound person, volunteer at a hospital, or simply pray for someone we know who is sick.  I plan to say a prayer for the members of our congregation that I know are dealing with health problems, as well as making an appointment at our local Red Cross to donate blood.

Dinner tonight I think will be manicotti as I have some ricotta cheese I need to use.  Along with green salad and some kind of bread.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:24 PM »
I will keep you posted on what he finds Alice!
Could the sleep issues be due to going through the change in life? I know I have struggles with not being able to sleep because of that.

Merilee: thank you for sharing your daily Light The World Activity. It is really inspiring! Looking forward to seeing those regularly.

Keep warm ladies! Looks like Winter has decided to join us after all!!
pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »
Good afternoon ya'll!

Just got home from picking up this months Azure order and got it all put away.  Whew!  Glad that is done.  Still need to unload the Vitacost boxes and put that away.  Since it is 4:00 here already, I need to figure out what dinner will be.  I am thinking a warm, cheesy casserole bake.  It is getting cold around these parts as well.  Supposed to have snow both Wednesday and Sunday, at least that is what my in-house weatherman told me today.  Have a teen who always knows what the weather is expected to do. ;)  The guys got a bunch of wood cut Saturday, but hubby says they will have to work on that again later this week because of the expectant snow.

The rest of my day and evening will be simple.-----Ha!  Just had to take a 25 minute break to deal with some drama and get the casserole baking.  Threw a sweet potato in for the littlest so it will be done around dinner time too.  You guys don't know, but I get interrupted so many times when typing something out, that I am surprised I ever post anything. ;) 

Finally finished watching the new Gilmore Girls thing this weekend.  Took me over a week to get through it watching in my spare time, because I didn't want to watch it while multi-tasking like I do most things.  It was sooooo good!!!  Especially the last episode.  I think they definitely left it in a spot where they would need another season.  Hopefully!! :) :)  Though, I gotta say, you would probably only enjoy it if you watched the other 8 seasons in the previous series first.  Has anyone else watched? 

Well, I think I will skip over to the Christmas thread and report--that's where I will put it, OK Pam. :)

Alice, I have always wanted to put lights up, but didn't because of the extension cord thing too.

Merillee, your light of the world things are so nice!

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:56:18 AM »
Lindsay:
When you mentioned your "in house weatherman", I thought maybe you or your husband could feel snow/rain in your bones from arthritis or something! LOL! (I suffer from that once in a while). So cool you have a teenager interested in weather!

I watched the Gilmore Girls update as well.  I hadn't watched the series until about a month ago, but it was on constant on the UP channel for about a week, so I would have it on in the background of my days. I really enjoyed it. And enjoyed the new ones as well. Although, I must say, I saw that ending coming in the middle of that last episode.  :)
I hope they do more episodes! 
Pam
Wife of 32 years