Author Topic: Saturday, March 15  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Saturday, March 15
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
Good Morning,

Since its 1:30 am, that would qualify as Saturday.

I was going to have coffee with a friend this morning but she needed to cancel so it's an at home day today. We have very nice weather on Friday--about 51 degrees and breezy but today won't be as warm.  Last Saturday I tried to find my grill in all the snow and just couldn't get to it. Friday I realized all the snow around it was gone so I proceeded to scrape and clean the insides and lit it to see if it would work--YES, it worked.  I found a small steak in the freezer and quickly nuked it and grilled that thing. I hope to make sweet chili steak on Saturday afternoon with this. I also got some colored peppers on the discount rack at the grocery store and got those all roasted for use in the recipe. Dinner should be tasty something Sat. afternoon!

I'll have the normal weeks worth of laundry to do sometime during the day. With only three of us home, I never do laundry during the week anymore since it takes all week to gather up a load.  I have to run to the pharmacy to get a couple of prescriptions for my daughter but that should be it for the running.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Saturday, March 15
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:50:13 AM »
Good morning!

I am enjoying my coffee and thinking of what needs to be done today!  Gotta get myself motivated...:)

I'm very excited yesterday dh & I bought unfinished pine and carriage bolts and he is making me a soap mold!!  On line prices are very expensive, I showed him a few and he said i'll make you a couple!  Not hard at all!  :)

I was thinking of going to Goodwill today after I get some chores done, it's a very pretty day here, cold but the sun is shinning!

Guess I better get my day going, have a nice weekend to all!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
Good morning everyone!
I was enjoying my coffee til the kids started yelling that the dog ran away ugh 30 minites later hes back on the chain, that dog drives me crazy he can go weeks staying in the yard while the kids are playing or even when I let him out for business but hten he gets a wild hair to go make friends sometimes lol. I have to run to walmart for a few things in a bit and then back home to do laundry and clean the kitchen maybe watch a kid movie with the kiddos since DH is at his new job from 7am til 7pm plus and hour driving home. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:45:15 AM »
Good morning, at least for a little bit, yet. LOL It is nice out, but windy. It is March, so wind is to be expected. Kevin helped me rearrange a few things this morning. I am now ready to start my seeds. I usually start them on March 15, so I am right on track.  ;) I unloaded my fabric totes from one of my shelves in the storage shed. We moved it in the house. My poor stationary bike is now on the deck. We will tarp it. I stacked all the bins in the shed. This is just temporary until I have all my plants in the garden. So I have the shelves set up with the lights hooked. I just need to fill my containers with potting soil and plant the seeds. Getting excited for working in the soil. I hope it is dry enough for me to walk out and see if my strawberries are coming up. I should be able to pick some this year. Also want to check the asparagus.

Things will be really crowded for a couple of months, but it costs a fortune to buy heirloom plants. I bought the seeds and will grow my own plants. I need to figure out a different way of storing my seeds. I have always just left them in the package they were mailed in, but that is kind of a mess, and I have to go through all of them every time I am looking for a certain package.  :-\ I am thinking about bringing in a box and just lining them up in it.

My niece is playing in a basketball tournament for the state championship today. I wish Hannah and the Lady Cardinals good luck. Everyone have a wonderful Saturday. Now I need to start playing with potting soil.  ;D

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie