Author Topic: Thursday October 30  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Cathie

Thursday October 30
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:52:33 AM »
Good morning  :-*

I have a few minutes before work.

I  made the lunches, took dog out, feed her and now trying to figure out dinner.

Wishing you all a very blessed day  :-* :-* :-*

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Thursday October 30
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 04:58:28 AM »
Good morning. 

I am going to try and get into a new routine to post daily.  The kids got me an Ipad for Christmas last year and it is so easy to sit in the recliner and read the posts on the Ipad but for me, it is soooo difficult to reply.  I hate having to peck out a response on the touch screen of the Ipad so I normally read but don't reply.  I am going to try to get into the habit of making it to the laptop so I can "talk" with you ladies more.

Let's see.  There's not much on my agenda for today.  Well not yet anyway.  We have a winter storm watch for the counties surrounding us this weekend so the bottom is going to be dropping out of our temperatures starting today and we have no chimney!!  Sam and I decided to convert our single walled cheap-o stove pipe to the nice double walled "real" stovepipe and have been working on it for a month or so as we could afford it.  Sam has made a brace for the outside of the house that is much better quality and was soooo much cheaper than what came from Lowes and we do have the pipe ran thru the wall and attached to the stove.  We were going to wait and get the outside pieces over the next couple of weeks as we could afford them but with the weather changing so drastically, we are going to have to put the remaining supplies on the stupid credit card.    Being poor sucks.    Sam will go to Lowes today and get the remaining pieces of stove pipe and then hopefully Aaron can help him get it all installed.  I'll work on getting all the indoor supplies out of the basement and upstairs...the wood barrel, the poker, the little shovel and ash bucket, etc.  Oh yeah and the baby gate that goes around the stove. 

I'll also do all the bedding today and get it hung out.  I need to work on my November menu and figure out some really cheap meals.  I'm  trying to incorporate more fresh produce into our diet and to do that I am having to learn ways to fix butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash.  We have found that we LOVE acorn squash.  I have a butternut and a spaghetti squash on the counter that I need to experiment with.  We are really digging the kale too. 

I guess I've rambled on enough.  I need another cup of coffee.  I'll check back in later. 

Have a good one friends.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:03:43 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

How do you make an eleven year old cat change her schedule?  ??? :o  Mine wants to sleep all day and stay up all night long, and since she sleeps in my bed that means I'm up and down all night too.  I have to keep my door closed at night to keep the other cats out of my room, so every time Tiki wants up to eat, she either walks all over me until I'm awake or she sits on the nightstand beside the bed and taps me on the face with her paw.  I get up, open the door so she can go out, shut the door, and go back to bed.  Minutes later she's wanting back in the bedroom.  She's wearing me out.

I got up this morning and found a small puddle of liquid at the corner of the refrigerator just under the door.  Not sure what that it.  I pulled the refrigerator out and found more liquid, so obviously we have a problem of some sort.  That's just what we need right now. :(

Well, enough grumbling from me.  I'm going to have my coffee and get started on my day.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »
Good  morning ladies,
   I go in to work at 3 today, then have 2 days off!  ;D I have not had 2 days off in a row since the 30th of Sept. and 1st of Oct. Really looking forward to it, even if I do have to go to the doctor in the morning. LOL Yesterday was such a great day at work. I put the groceries away, then helped Kerry until my evening shift started. Our boss, Carolyn, talked to the Administrator, Carmen, yesterday about how the care partners have been pawning all their work on to us. We shall see if anything changes. The state dietary inspector was there yesterday. She gave us a glowing report. Said she had never seen a facility as neat and clean as our kitchen is. Sure made us feel good. That was why Carmen came back to talk to all of us, then she asked how things were going, so Carolyn told her.  ;)
   It is sprinkling here, so not sure what the weather is doing. It is supposed to get cooler with the highs in the 40s, but no winter weather yet. Kevin needs to get everything winterized. I hate thinking about winter again, especially since they are predicting another frigid and cold one for us.   :(

Beth, sure hope you get your stove set up before the nasty stuff gets there. I hear you on the pad. That is a pain to type on. Takes me twice as long. LOL

Cheryl, have you considered putting little food and water bowls in your room for Tiki? You would probably need a litter box too, but it might let you get a full nights sleep. Mine do the walking all over me till I wake up when their food bowl gets empty. LOL Cats, got to love them. Everything revolves around them in their world. LOL

Cathie, I hope you have a great day at work. My crock pot has become my friend since I am working.  :D

You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:52:57 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 06:55:19 AM »
Good morning!

Having some scrambled eggs with gouda and getting ready to head out soon.  Max's school has their Fall Fest tonight but needs all cupcake and candy donations dropped off this morning.  Max doesn't go to school on Thursdays and we need to be out at the Refuge to hike at nine so we are leaving extra early to run there before dropping the others at school.  Max and I will hike, then plan to attend the bison auction out there and eat the burger lunch put on by the city.  Not buying a bison (Micah thinks we should keep one in the chicken coop) but am just interested in seeing the auction and having a cheap lunch with friends.  :)

Earl has class tonight...he is on a Tues/Thurs schedule this semester.  He finished his MBA courses up two weeks ago and is now starting a Master's in Human Resource Management or something to that effect.  He thinks it will make him more marketable than a PhD in business administration and he's probably right.  Also, hopefully, it will allow him to move up in his job situation over time.  It is nice to see his education finally paying off.

Beth, I am on a spaghetti squash kick.  They have been .49 a lb here which is unheard of (usually 1.49 a lb at the commissary) so I keep buying more since they store so well.  Got almost 10 lbs (3 squashes) yesterday.  I have used them under spaghetti sauce, made "cheesy potatoes" with the shreds, and am planning on trying a "gratin" recipe using it.

Cheryl, hope your fridge is something simple to fix.

Cathie, have a great day at work!

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:34 AM »
Good morning

Nice to see everyone on this morning. Megan made it home from college last night to help us get ready to sell calves on Tuesday.  The kids each have calves so this is their payday to.  This is what helps her with college along with her job.  So we need to take chore pickup in this morning to get the 4 wheel drive fixed also bought a mirror that needs put on and it was a little more complicated than Ross wanted to do. So we will feed calves and hopefully get back to hay hauling.  The hay grinder finally came yesterday so we can now feed with the feed wagon so that will be time saver.  Hopefully. I definitely need some house cleaning and bookwork. I only got 2 beds washed yesterday so will keep doing that.  We have  a potluck for football end of season and then the boys have a jr high- high school dance. Ugh I hate staying up.  Need to go get my "servants" doing the wash and dishes. 

Coffee on the run...
Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 09:15:08 AM »
Found out only the kids go at 4 for potluck and games then the dance best day ever if your an 8th grade boy. Gives me more time at home I hope. Right now we are elevator waiting for them to load us some feed.