Author Topic: Saturday, Nov. 12  (Read 713 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Saturday, Nov. 12
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
Good morning. It's a sunny, beautiful fall day! I started the day by switching out our sheets and putting the flannels on! It dropped into the 20s last night, and I finally decided it was time to turn on the furnace. I held out as long as possible!

Today is going to be filled with my to-do list: pay bills; laundry; clean my kitchen; and put vegetable soup in the crockpot. I bought some French bread loaves off the markdown cart, and we'll have that with the soup. I have some pears that will be too ripe by tomorrow, so I'm going to make a pear crisp today, too.

DH and I are going to have a movie night tonight, and I'm going to keep working on my mom's crocheted scarf (a Christmas present).

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Saturday, Nov. 12
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:13:06 AM »
I'll recap my Saturday on this Monday morning.

It also was a lovely day. On Friday night I raked a lot of leaves in the front yard but darkness didn't allow me to work in the back yard. So on Sat. morning I continued in the back yard. Hubby was going to help but youngest daughter needed a little TLC so he took her out for lunch and some dad/daughter time. She always has big adjustment times to "new" things and even in her 3rd year of college still continues with this.

After I raked I decided to take the recyclable to the center and then hit a few grocery stores for discounts. Then I decided to look at Walmart for new tights and trouser socks. No luck on the trouser socks but good luck on the tights. After that, I decided to check out the local Goodwill for skirts and found two of them! Then back home to make my vegetable beef barley soup and cranberry no knead bread.

We decided to watch a netflix movie in the early evening but hubby got a call to work so we stopped the movie and I went with him. He works for a funeral home and he had to go to the vets facility. It was very emotional for me since the guards bring us the body and do a wonderful flag folding. It was wonderful to see the respect to our veterans even in death. I'm proud to be an American and so thankful to our Veterans! My dad is a veteran so I will share this with him.

So I had a pretty nice day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats