Author Topic: Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016  (Read 1053 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:59:28 AM »
Good Morning!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope you are all up and moving!  I slept in a little bit.  After my dizzy spell yesterday afternoon, I started to feel okay. We went out to dinner, and after eating a good solid meal, I felt quite a bit better.  After the show, I started to get an itchy sore throat. I'm wondering if that was part of the dizzy thing.  Don't know. Once home, I had some hot tea, and then took some nighttime cold and flu medicine before bed. Had a good night's sleep, so that helped.

Now to get busy on my to do list. I have a couple of places to run today. The dollar store, and Walmart ( :P). I will also pop in to Aldi to pick up a couple of groceries and maybe a few baking supplies. 

I don't do that much baking or candy making anymore, but I do make a few things.  I used to bake/candy make a storm during Christmas. It just got to be too much. I really thought my kids would be "devastated" if I didn't do it. A few years ago, I asked them "what one goodie do we need to have to make it Christmas?"  To my surprise, two of them said the homemade peanut butter cups, and one said the pre-cut take n bake sugar cookies from Gordons Foods.  It really took a lot of pressure off me! Now I do those two things and then maybe a couple other things that I feel like doing or have time to do.  It is amazing sometimes what we "think" everyone else wants or needs. Sometimes it's important to just ASK!!

Still have plenty to get wrapped. Might do that after errands.

Hubby bought tickets to the new Star Wars movie a while back. He was gonna see if one of his buddies would go with him. He has checked around, but most people are busy with other things. So, I might end up going with him. Not a movie I really want to see necessarily, but I will go to make him happy! 

I guess I should get off of here and get busy.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hope you are getting the answers you are looking for with you Mom Alice.
Pam

Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:34:29 AM »
Good morning, Pam and everyone to follow.

Pam, I am glad you are feeling better today.  Dizziness scares me.  I had an attack of vertigo years ago and hope to never experience that again.  Since you have cold symptoms, you may have an ear infection.  That can make you feel dizzy.

I'm sitting here thinking about how close Christmas is and how I don't feel like I have accomplished much.  We don't even have our tree up yet.  I have bought a few presents, but still have things to buy for Emily.  It's hard to do when she's always with me.  The few gifts I have for her were ordered online and shipped to my mother's.  Now I need to find a way to get them home and wrapped.

Today is my "busy" day of the week.  Emily has art from 1-3 pm, then an after school program at the library from 3:30-4:30.  This is all in a town about 20 miles from here so we need to leave a little after lunch.  I have so much to squeeze into the next few hours and not much motivation to do any of it.

I haven't been here very much lately.  I've been wasting too much time on Facebook, but after something that happened recently, I have been thinking of just deactivating my account there.  I miss the days when we'd all post here and I will be making more of an effort to post.  Hopefully some others will join in.

Well, I really should get busy.  I hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 08:10:09 AM »
Good morning!

I think today will be an at-home day as Alex just told me his tummy isn't feeling so good.  We have 30 minutes before he needs to get ready so we'll see how he's feeling then.

Even if he is OK to go to school, I still don't really have anyplace I NEED to go to.  I think I'll just stay home and work on my various to dos around the house.  Laundry, house pickup, empty holding containers, work on laundry, work on the office, sweep and mop the kitchen floor, gather up stuff that needs to get out of my house.  I've got boxes of recycling to take out, bags of stuff to donate, and things that need to be returned to their owners or the store.  I want to get it all OUT of my house.

And that reminds me of something.  I have a couple of white shirts that got ruined in the laundry.  I think a crayon snuck past me and left those white shirts with blue streaks.  I've washed them a couple of times but the streaks are still there.  Any advice as to how I can save them?  Or are they beyond saving since they went through the dryer?

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay warm and well!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:15 AM »
Glad to see you Cheryl & Merilee!

Merilee: I found this on pinterest:

http://www.thesuburbanmom.com/2014/01/31/how-to-can-get-crayon-out-of-an-entire-load-of-laundry-after-the-dryer/#QV6JlpxMMMaYjY1Z.32

I didn't read through it all, but it does give a couple of possible options. Something to try before throwing the shirts out!
Good Luck!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »
HI,

I'm back in town after three very long days! I think Mom's procedure may have gone quite well. But now we wait for up to 5 weeks and maybe more to see if this has helped to relieve her pain.

She had two places they did the procedure and after she was done she was asked how she felt and she answered "I'm doing fine". She had not spoken hardly because talking triggered pain. She said she still feels the pain but not as bad as before. We drove there and back (3 hours) in terribly snowy, slippery, treacherous weather. But when we got home she ate some scrambled eggs and drank a bottle of ensure. She was swishing that ensure around in her mouth which she couldn't do before her procedure as that would trigger facial pain. Hopefully after a good night's rest she will feel even better. I have to work today so I'll call tonight when I get home.

It was a long three days of several appointments and then the babysitting of elderly parents! And I stayed in the room with them which is NOT fun. But in the end they needed someone with them due to weather and getting them around. I'm tired and I'm getting a scratchy throat and some chest congestion. I don't want to get sick! My daughter is coming home for Christmas and I don't want sickies in the house.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
Hi ladies! 

So good to hear from you all today! :)  Today is just a normal school day for us (we are on lunch right now, which is usually when I try and post).  Also need to finish up some laundry, even though using the word finish for that is a joke.  Have one more hours or so of wrapping and will be done with that. Merilee, I am guessing they weren't washable crayons that got on your shirts?  That happens all too often here. Have you tried washing them on a cold cycle so not to "bake" the crayon in, then run on a warm one?  I also would put a few older play clothes in with the load to help rub the crayon out.  If that didn't work I guess resorting to a little bit of bleach would be my last option. IMO

Don't really know what dinner will be yet.  Will probably just fly by the seat of my pants on that one today.  Watched a youtube on The Encouraging Homeschool Mom's channel called the Large Family Table.  She was making crock pot lasagna and it looked so good!  Am really thinking hard about getting one of the instant pots everyone loves so much, but I will need the 8 quart one and they are fairly pricey, so I have been putting it off.  Maybe they will go on sale right after Christmas?  My dear hubby is going to run by the store on the way home and pick up some things we need, so need to get a list ready for that.  We are supposed to have sleet/ice on Saturday night.  Not looking forward to that, but at least the big generator is working again thanks to husband's persistence on making sure it got fixed BEFORE ice (not an easy fix). 

Pam, whenever I get that dizzy thing going on, it is always that I have not had enough protein and my blood sugar has dropped.  Had you not eaten much when you started feeling that way?  Just a thought.

Alice, sounds so promising that your mom is already noticing a difference!

Cheryl, don't know what happened on FB, but sure glad you made your way back over here with us!  Hope Emily is doing well! :)

Has anyone one heard from Janice lately?  Wondering about her with all the issues Lane was having.

Off to do well.......multiplication and time telling and financial math and reading and world history and...and..and...and.... you get the picture. ;)

Have a wonderful day girls!

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 01:38:45 PM »
Good news for your Mom Alice! Hopefully she will continue to have relief from pain!

Lindsay: I had just eaten lunch, so I don't think it was my blood sugar, although that did cross my mind. I really think it was an ear/nose/throat kind of thing. I still feel like I am fighting a cold. So upping the liquids, and getting extra sleep while taking day/night over the counter meds. I feel good today. Who knows!?!

I have been wondering about Janice as well.  I think about her when the snow is blustering across the road, because I imagine that must be what it is like on her farm in winter. I hope they got some answers for Lane.  Will keep them in my prayers.

Glad to see more posting today!
Pam
Wife of 32 years