Author Topic: Wednesday, June 28, 2017  (Read 1030 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Wednesday, June 28, 2017
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:21:19 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
 ;D ;D ;D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a great start!

We are expecting a warm up, however it is still quite chilly here.  Barely 60* right now.  Looks like we might get some showers later today as well.  My garden will appreciate that!

I need to do a quick manicure/pedicure so I am ready for the upcoming weekend.  Today will be a good day to take some time for that.  Not my favorite activity, but I don't like to sit still long enough to have it done professionally, so I usually do it myself!

Need to run to Sam's club to grab some cheerios.  I feel like there is something else I need to get, but I can't think of what it is at this moment!

I am not going to my weight watchers meeting today.  I need to weigh in for the month on Saturday because we are headed north for the rest of the holiday weekend, so I want to be at free status for the month before leaving.  I can't check in more than once a week, so I need to skip today and do Saturday instead.  It's this crazy dance I do every month in order to not have to pay!

Will also do the usual day to day chores, as well as taking care of floors.  Mopping and vacuuming needs to happen today!
Hope everyone has an amazing day! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
Hi, and good morning,

Still crazy busy around my life but I get to bed on time. Woke up this morning with the horrid smell of a skunk. It just lingered and lingered and it was so strong.  I couldn't sleep because it was so bad.

Last night I was asked by one of the kids to make Kusa Mahshi which is zucchini stuffed with rice and ground beef cooked in tomato/tomatoes/tomato sauce and jameed. I don't know if I have the spelling on this correct. Dad is growing the lighter skinned zucchini for me and only had two ready to pick but I could buy some more at a reasonable price at a store nearby. So I made a pressure cooker full and that is also how I cooked them. We devoured them very quickly. They were so good.

I haven't had any leftovers lately so I feel like I'm cooking every day. The kids are in and out so they can't help much and hubby works from noon to 5 pm so he can't help. I shouldn't complain. We have a freezer that still provides all that we need. Hubby went to recycling yesterday and then stopped at Horrock's and found some pork that was reduced in price so he snagged those. I'll make something with those tonight. I might even grind it up and add it to a pound of ground beef and make BBQs with a salad and watermelon. For sure I will have to hit the grocery store this weekend for a few fresh items. We're about out of those kinds of things. I'll tally my June grocery receipts on Friday night but I'm afraid at what the numbers will be. I just feel I was in the grocery store a lot this month.

Our daughter's suitcase had a rip in the fabric on the outside but it did not rip into the inside so hubby found some kind of repair made just for that and fixed that for her. She needs it by August again so fixing it now was better than at the last moment. It came from the people who handle luggage in the plane. They aren't so careful.

We went for a short walk yesterday. I couldn't handle much more since I'm on the go from 6 am until 9 pm that I finally need some time to rest. Hubby doesn't seem to understand and he doesn't work FT either. He's home doing home chores and only works PT so he's ready to go for a long walk every single day. He kind of gets irritated when I say I have to stay home a night and do nothing. I know it's good for me but not having time to rest or time for myself is not good either.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a total bust as far as getting things done.  I was really tired so I took the time to rest and rejuvenate myself.  So yesterday's list carries over to today.

I also need to tweak my menu and do some grocery shopping.  I don't think we need much.  So that shouldn't take too long.  I also need to get a birthday present--Alex is going to a swim birthday party this afternoon.

Here's hoping for a more productive day!

Merilee