Author Topic: Thursday, February 18, 2016  (Read 1228 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, February 18, 2016
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:39:50 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, February 18, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday didn't go as planned.  I missed a step on the stairs and fell and wrenched my ankle pretty badly.  I might have a mild sprain.  I can walk on it but stairs are difficult and it's achy.  So I spent a lot of yesterday resting the ankle.

It's feeling a bit better this morning but I will still have to be careful.  So I'm not sure how much I will get done.  I will check and pay bills, balance my checkbook, and tweak my menu.  I can do that sitting down.  I'll also start sorting through paper piles, which can also be done sitting down.  Everything else I'll just have to do more slowly and carefully.

I have the twins today, and football carpool.  My daughter got a job (yay!) and she has orientation today.  A member of my church congregation passed away yesterday so I need to go pay a visit to his widow (part of my duty as Relief Society President). 

Dinner tonight will be shredded pork sandwiches, coleslaw and potato fingers.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:41 AM »
Good morning

Beautiful day here! Suppose to be in the 70s :o Unreal for winter in SD. I will take it though! The rural water called and we have to 2 taps running a lot of water overnight I just went and checked 1 spot but not there. Ross will check the others. He is picking up some mineral we ordered at a friends later today and may go to get the alfalfa seed that was cleaned. With it so wet and muddy around we are just doing the chores we have to to not tear up the ground and leave ruts. We need to order some gravel around here. I had paying for it but we need it. I am done with bookwork for 2015 but need to finish 1 form and look for a couple of statements or make phone call because I don't think we have them yet. Levis 12th birthday today! My baby  :'(  I made cupcakes and frosted last night and he put some reese pieces on them to decorate them for school. I made some cupcakes for home but I think I might make a cake to decorate for home. I think we will have steaks for supper. Tomorrow is fish day so we need to get in our beef LOL  I need to clean out the walk in before I go after bountiful basket tomorrow. Levi has his party for end of the year basketball tonight at 6. Allisons is tomorrow night. Nothing real exciting here just the normal things and getting all these year end for sports done. Welll better get started on cleaning kitchen and this desk.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »
Merilee take it easy on that ankle! Must be time for you to take a rest,  ;)

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
Good Afternoon!

I'm back from the gym (two classes), and Big Lots.  I've had my breakfast and done a bunch of NSA work, and now trying to figure out what else to get into.  I know I need to do one load of laundry and mop the floors (muddy paw prints everywhere!), but those are my only must-do items.  I am out of town for work at the end of next week, so I need to figure out what Jean will eat while I'm gone and get a shopping list/prep plan going for that.  Otherwise, I'll just enjoy this sunny day!

Dinner tonight is either enchilada skillet or buffalo chicken lasagna.  We skipped a day on our menu plan (Jean wasn't home, so I just had leftovers), and the chicken that I have thawed could go either way.

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »
Good morning (whats left of it here  ;)  )

I've had a bit of a lazy morning but was able to chat with a friend from home on the phone for about an hour and that was nice.  I am liking it here but still miss my friends.

The boys are doing their school work and I am going get some housework done.  Thankfully, nothing much needs done other than more organizing.

Dinner tonight will be "refried" beans in the Instant Pot.

Merilee - I hope your ankle heals quickly.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   I had a good day at work. Most of the residents were in a good mood and the med tech, Candi, really helped me out. So things went pretty smooth.
   The wind here today was just horrible. I could hardly hold the car in the road while driving home. Then it almost tore the door off when I opened it at home. At least it was warm. We had 73* this afternoon. I will take that for mid Feb. in Missouri any time. LOL Tomorrow should be another warm one, but not as much wind. I get paid tomorrow, so I will head to the bank after work. Otherwise I won't be able to get there till next week some time.
   That is about it for me today. You all have a good night and wonderful day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie